PDA

View Full Version : Thomson seat post with No logos?

Jeff Weir
12-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Is it possible to get a Thomson seat post without any logos?
I'm looking to get a black elite or masterpiece seat post in black, logo free.
I have emailed them regarding this but did not get a reply.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

SlowPokePete
12-06-2019, 03:12 AM
I would think unlikely...maybe give them a call?

or there's always the Sharpie!

SPP™

kiwisimon
12-06-2019, 06:15 AM
Isn't the point of buying a Thomson post to show everyone you have one?

Blown Reek
12-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Isn't the point of buying a Thomson post to show everyone you have one?

If a Thomson post is someone's definition of bling, then their sights are set low. You can definitely buy a flashier post that doesn't clamp as well and isn't nearly as utilitarian for much more money than a Thompson if that's your thing.

benb
12-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Not to mention if you need setback the Thomson is pretty much the ugliest thing on the market.

The clamp is not compatible with the largest set of saddles either unless they've started offering varying clamps.

Some of the new designs with swappable cups for the clamp area are better IMO.

avalonracing
12-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Not to mention if you need setback the Thomson is pretty much the ugliest thing on the market.

The clamp is not compatible with the largest set of saddles either unless they've started offering varying clamps.

Some of the new designs with swappable cups for the clamp area are better IMO.

I've had a number of Thomson posts and they've done the job but you are correct about the clamp. While they have a nice ability to micro-adjust they are a PITA when changing a saddle.

macaroon
12-06-2019, 12:13 PM
You could either paint over the logos, or see if someone will anodize them for you instead.

one60
12-06-2019, 02:15 PM
I used a Sharpie to color in the thomson logo on the seat clamp and seat post. I would think a black sharpie or paint pen would do the trick?

Steve in SLO
12-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Has anybody tried the old acetone trick?
It works on a number of other seatposts and I don’t think the logo on the Thompson is clear coated over.

one60
12-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Has anybody tried the old acetone trick?
It works on a number of other seatposts and I don’t think the logo on the Thompson is clear coated over.

Thomson logo is either anodized or lasered on...acetone etc won't strip it

mktng
12-06-2019, 10:29 PM
i covered mine with black electrical tape.
works fine :)