PDA

View Full Version : ultegra 10 up shift issue

shankldu
12-05-2019, 04:11 PM
So the drivetrain on this rig looks new , but the upshift trigger or the rear dr has issue dropping back down to the smallest cog , rear housing gummed up or worn dr spring ? not sure whats goin on here . ????

parris
12-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Maybe flush the shift lever and replace the cable and housing. How are the limit screws?

oldpotatoe
12-05-2019, 04:22 PM
So the drivetrain on this rig looks new , but the upshift trigger or the rear dr has issue dropping back down to the smallest cog , rear housing gummed up or worn dr spring ? not sure whats goin on here . ????

When pushing the small lever, does the big lever ‘travel’ with it? Pretty common, a thorough flush with WD-40 whilst shifting it up and down followed by the thin, spray lube ‘might’ fix it. Could be housing or under BB guide also. Also frayed der cable in lever..

bikinchris
12-05-2019, 04:36 PM
I think your shift cable is breaking. Pull back your hoods and look in the window where you thread a new cable and look for fraying in the cable.

kohagen
12-05-2019, 07:56 PM
I had an issue with my 7800 right shifter not upshifting. The lubricant in the shifter gummed up, resulting in an up shift only after multiple clicks on the lever. Cleaned it up with liberal amounts of WD40 applied to the internals. Works fine now.

efixler
12-05-2019, 08:15 PM
I think your shift cable is breaking. Pull back your hoods and look in the window where you thread a new cable and look for fraying in the cable.

^^ this

merlinmurph
12-06-2019, 11:37 AM
^^ this

^^ this again