PDA

View Full Version : Moots advertising

duff_duffy
12-05-2019, 08:20 AM
So I opened yahoo.com on my internet browser today and had not 1, not 2, but 12 Moots Baxter advertisements from Wrenchscience display on my screen at the same time. Is it time for me to buy one of these? They need to calm down on the marketing!

Matthew
12-05-2019, 08:28 AM
I get ads too after looking at things sometimes. It's more Wrench Science than Moots. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Internet. Where your every move is tracked. But yes, you should get a Moots.

mulp
12-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Targeted ads are super accurate now a days, kinda scary what they are monitoring for my searching!

Greenpea
12-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Your phone is listening to you through certain apps and you gave them permission when you accepted the terms. Your browser is tracking your shopping habits as well.

I've tried that browser Duck Duck Go(supposedly doesn't track) but its clunky and in contrast to the above sentence, I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat.

herb5998
12-05-2019, 07:41 PM
check your privacy settings for the browser, or if you were looking at it on your smartphone, check the settings for your applications, it won't get rid of all the targeted ads, but it will help