PDA

View Full Version : Vuelta xrp wheels?

shinomaster
12-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Has anyone here used them? They are supposed to be hand made in Italy and fairly light and of good quality. There also some mp cheap sets of them on ebay, so I wonder. Not all are the same price, and quality.
I saw a really cool old Legano bike painted green and white with a set of these wheels and they looked pretty cool on the old frame. I would of course use them for training wheels and cross.

Lifelover
12-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Not sure but it seems pretty strange. If you google Vuelta XRP you will get a blank page on the Vueltausa (http://www.vueltausa.com/products/road-wheelsets/index.htm) website. However if you go to the Vueltausa home page you can't find any mention of them.

The company that is selling the XRP new on ebay Bikeisland (http://www.bikeisland.com/) is owned and operated by the same guy who owns Bikesdirect. IMO he is a little on the shady side. However, if you are inerested he post in the Motobecane forum over at RBR. He maybe able to answer some question for you.

shinomaster
12-31-2006, 04:09 PM
They are probably older wheels on closeout. They had some nicer lighter campy compatible wheels a while back for sale, but I'll probably go for something really bling like the gold Khamsins or red fulcrum 7's..

dekindy
01-01-2007, 08:33 AM
I never know what I am going to learn on a Forum, but I went to the Vuelta website and viewed their wheel assembly video. Interesting mix of machine, man, and computer technology. Maybe these videos are common, but it was the first one that I have ever seen.

Is it possible Vuelta just does not have their website updated? Wheels exclusive to BikeIsland? They show XRP mountain wheelsets on the Vuelta website. Is it such a stretch that they are making road wheels with that designation?

Why the negative remarks about BikeIsland? They appear to be a high volume internet seller, certainly not without some service issues. The owner posts regularly on the RoadBikeReview Forum under Motobecane/Mercier manufacturer forum. He is readily accessible and seems to be concerned about giving better/good customer service. I know a new biker that bought a Mercier road bike with Dura-Ace and is extremely pleased with the value and service.

I reviewed the website again. All the road and mountain wheelsets are labeled as either XRP Road Wheels or XRP Mountain Wheels when you go to the individual wheel pages.