PDA

View Full Version : O.T.: Colnago dealer

SoCalSteve
05-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi all,

I know this is a Serotta board....but, I am looking for a CT2 HP and was wondering if anyone has any leads on a good and reasonable bike store where I can purchase one.

I hope this posting does not offend anyone (being its a Serotta board), but I figured that people who own high end bikes (like Serotta's) may also own or know people who have Colnago's and know dealers who sell them reasonably.

As always thanky all in advance,

Steve

Johny
05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
You may try http://www.maestro-uk.com/
I know the US dollar is weak now, but maestro-uk still offers better pricing. I've never bought anything from Mike (the maestro-uk owner) but dbrk seems to like him. I would get the Star fork (also recommended by Mr. jerk)... Dave (dnovo, of couse) seems to love his CT-2... Do you also consider a C50?
FWIW, I have a C40 (B-stay, non-HP), a CT-1 (B-stay), and a MXL...

dnovo
05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
You mean this one? Dnovo does love his CT-2. I also find the new 'sloping' geom that Nago is offering allows me to get the fit I want, particularly the headtube height, without excessive TT length. Just the ticket for those of us more 'senior' riders upon whom age and infirmities have taken their toll. Better than a Technomic!

As for price, yes I did get a good deal on this and on the C-50 in the same frame size (different color scheme, however.) But I got a super deal on it from a dealer who sells me a lot of frames and as a 'package', so that wouldn't be a source of a 'cheap' Nago for you. Given the weakness of the dollar, I doubt if buying from the UK will be the answer, and as I just found out on a vintage camera I bought in the UK, US customs is demanding duty now where they used to be more lenient. Dave N.

saab2000
05-11-2004, 06:13 AM
How do you like those wheels? Sorry to get off topic here, but I see you have Eurus. I may be in the market for some and I am interested in both Eurus and Neutrons. Well, really the Neutrons.... :D

dnovo
05-11-2004, 06:19 AM
I have both the Eurus and the Neutrons. They ride so much alike, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, although on a windy day, the Eurus will push you about a bit more. I have also found the Velomax and the American Classics to be in the same league, but to answer your first question, I like them very much, prefer them to the Kysriums, finding them just as capable and durable, but far less costly. Dave N.

saab2000
05-11-2004, 06:28 AM
.....G3 spoking! Looks cool. I will probably ultimately end up with some Neutrons. I don't like the feeling of fighting the wind that I have had with higher profile rims! Thanks! :beer:

dbrk
05-11-2004, 07:17 AM
I can warmly recommend competitivecyclist.com, as I am sure dnovo can attest. Brendan Quirk is honest, competent, and helpful. I have done very successful business with Mike Parry of Maestro-UK as well. You place the order, you wait, the bike shows up, no problem. He does indeed undersell the US dealers but not by much given the fallen dollar.

dbrk
who wants to like Colnagos but can't get past the sizing issues that arise
on larger frames...very short headtubes except as dnovo noted on the smaller bikes