PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Colorado Carbon?

A1A
11-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Over on the Bay TPC is listing a Serotta Carbon Custom size large that is spec'ed as full carbon frame and fork. Didn't realize such a thing existed? Kind of looks like a Meivici but not sure? Just curious what the heck it is, probably too big for me anyway. Bright red, will be noticable going down the road for sure...

oliver1850
11-14-2019, 03:16 PM
That may be an Attack. The Attack had "CorsionCore" carbon tubing, while the Meivici had "C5C CorsionCore" tubing. I don't think the Attack was made very long. It shows in the 2007 catalog but not the 2008.

farmallguy
11-14-2019, 03:20 PM
I'm no expert but it looks like an early, maybe 2007, Carbon HSG. The location of the down tube cable guides are the same as the 2007 catalog for the HSG. Just a guess.

farmallguy
11-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Oliver1850, you are probably right about that being an Attack. I forgot about those. And that looks like a TC3 sticker as opposed to a TC2 which would make it an Attack.

oliver1850
11-14-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm no expert but it looks like an early, maybe 2007, Carbon HSG. The location of the down tube cable guides are the same as the 2007 catalog for the HSG. Just a guess.

Could be. I think the HSG and Attack were basically the same except the Attack was custom. A 220 mm head tube with a 56 cm top tube seems likely to be custom. The last stock geometry chart I have is supposed to be from 2004 but no head tube lengths or stack heights are included. The 2007 catalog says to go to the website for HSG information. Maybe it can be found on the wayback machine.

A1A
11-14-2019, 04:02 PM
I'm trying to figure out how big this thing is, I'm not that great at interpreting the measurements on a frame with a sloping top tube. Plus I assume the 57.5 seat tube is virtual since they call out the virtual 56 cm top tube? Assuming the seat tube and top tube measurements are virtual and it has the 22 cm head tube isn't this a really large frame? Comparable to at least a 60 x 60 or even larger? Thanks

prototoast
11-14-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm trying to figure out how big this thing is, I'm not that great at interpreting the measurements on a frame with a sloping top tube. Plus I assume the 57.5 seat tube is virtual since they call out the virtual 56 cm top tube? Assuming the seat tube and top tube measurements are virtual and it has the 22 cm head tube isn't this a really large frame? Comparable to at least a 60 x 60 or even larger? Thanks

If this had a level top tube, it would have around a 62 c-c seat tube and a 56 c-c top tube.

A1A
11-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Yikes, a 62x56? In other words a guy with really long legs and short torso? That's truly custom.

oliver1850
11-14-2019, 04:25 PM

I think the 57.5 seat tube measurement is actual, though how accurately measured is questionable. Measuring off the screen, both seat and top tubes look to be pretty close to the same.

At any rate, it's a big frame with a short top tube. If the top tube length is right for you, you can stand over it, and you like the tall head tube, it might be fine for you even if you normally ride a 57 cm.

I'd ask them for standover at middle of TT, and the serial number. I think it may be old enough to have the size in the serial number.

ChainNoise
11-15-2019, 04:08 AM
I'd ask them for standover at middle of TT, and the serial number. I think it may be old enough to have the size in the serial number.

TPC will not disclose the serial number nor will they give out any measurements other than what is posted

Kobe
11-15-2019, 08:30 AM
They have standover listed as 820mm, and at least per their drawing it shows they measure at the center of the top tube.

A1A
11-15-2019, 08:31 AM
I checked with them, the 57.5 seat tube is actual so it does seem like Prototoast is right, factor in the sloping top tube and it's more like a 61 to 62. I think I could ride it but I'm pretty symetrical so not sure how comfortable I could make it. Looks like a frame that would be ideal for a guy who is about 6-2 with a 35" ish inseam. That's not me at 5-11 with a 33 1/2" inseam. Great bike for the right guy though and they'd probably accept a low but reasonable offer to move it since it's funky sizing.

oliver1850
11-15-2019, 10:11 AM
TPC will not disclose the serial number nor will they give out any measurements other than what is posted

Nice policy. Don't want anyone who's bike has been stolen reclaiming it I guess.

prototoast
11-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Nice policy. Don't want anyone who's bike has been stolen reclaiming it I guess.

I suspect it's the opposite, they don't want anybody falsely reporting one of their bikes as stolen. If you came to them with a serial number and a police report, I would be shocked if they didn't cooperate.

A1A
11-18-2019, 06:51 AM
I've been going back and forth with TPC more out of curiosity than anything. What they are trying to tell me is that with a 57.5 cm actual measurement seat tube, 56 cm top tube and 22 cm head tube that even with a sloping top tube it still basically fits like a 56cm to 57cm frame which makes no sense to me. As has been pointed out if the actual seat tube measurement is 57.5 cm it's more like a virtual / effective 61cm to 62 cm so how can it fit like a 57 cm... I'm out...

audiisaac
11-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Can you provide a link? It might fit me well

A1A
11-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Looks like they sold it late last night or this morning. Just as well since I was tempted even though I thought it wouldn't fit properly. Fire Engine Red, was very sharp looking.