PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to Yakima-great customer service

sjbraun
11-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I recently purchased a Yakima sidewinder tandem rack. In the process of assembling the rack I dropped a small plastic spacer which rolled four feet across an uneven saltillo tile floor, maintained its balance as it bounced up and over a cat scratch pad and fell neatly into a furnace grate.
I wrote Yakima and they dispatched, at no charge, a new set of spacers the day they received my tale of woe.
Once I had everything installed, I noticed a small bit of lateral play in the fork attachment. Not knowing if this was a fault or by design, I again wrote Yakima and included a brief video to show the issue. Again, their response was prompt. They said they would have a replacement part in the mail to me within the day. I assumed they'd only send me the part of the rack that holds the fork, but to my surprise, what arrived a week later was an entire new rack. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or ask me to send the defective part back to them. That's a level of customer service you don't often find anymore. Kudos to Yakima.

jlwdm
11-12-2019, 03:03 PM
I have not had a bike rack for years and years, but when I did it was a Yakima. I had a minor issue once and they also send me a part immediately at no charge.

Jeff