PDA

View Full Version : I need help.... PLEASE

ToonaBP
11-09-2019, 03:50 PM
A member, not even a month, and I am addicted .. I am constantly checking for new items, whether needed or not. Almost bought a nice disc wheelset the other day... I don't own a disc bike....! My Moots frame is still bare, even though I recently purchased a SR group from PL. Already looking for another "unicorn " to transfer my dura-ace parts, that are on a perfectly good Emonda SLR. Hopefully my C-59 won't be on the chopping block...

XXtwindad
11-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Is this a serious post? If it is, I would suggest avoiding the "Custom Bike" section.

mtechnica
11-09-2019, 04:05 PM
I don’t think anyone here is going to be a good influence... lol...

happycampyer
11-09-2019, 04:08 PM
If you’re looking for help, you’ve come to the wrong place.

rallizes
11-09-2019, 04:11 PM
what size is that C59

terry
11-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Help for what? Appear to be pretty normal to me.

Dekonick
11-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Hahaha!

:no:

jamesdak
11-09-2019, 04:27 PM
I'm confused....:confused:

Why do you need help? :)

https://pbase.com/jhuddle/image/169860199.jpg

Clean39T
11-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Stay tuned for my Clean39T year in review 2019......that'll get you scared straight :eek:

Seriously though, there are worse rabbit-holes to fall down in life. If you have a little war-chest to dedicate, nothing wrong with sampling some lightly-used goods and seeing what you like. It's cheaper than golf or skiing - better for you than fast cars and party drugs - and will (generally) not harm your marriage/parntership/career or spiritual convictions........ Jump in with both feet and have some fun.. :beer:

vincenz
11-09-2019, 04:42 PM
what size is that C59

:banana:

mhespenheide
11-09-2019, 04:55 PM
If you're being serious and not sarcastic, the best innoculation is to ride more and browse less.

Now, if only I could take my own advice...

XXtwindad
11-09-2019, 05:31 PM
If you're being serious and not sarcastic, the best innoculation is to ride more and browse less.

Now, if only I could take my own advice...

+1. Still not sure if the OP is serious or sarcastic.

makoti
11-09-2019, 05:41 PM
PM'ing you. Got a few things you likely don't need. ;)

Jaybee
11-09-2019, 06:04 PM
This place is like Hamsterdam for a heroin junkie. If you're really concerned about your bike lust and spending, find some place that's closer to detox.

ultraman6970
11-09-2019, 07:49 PM
And the paletti si right there eh? :P

I'm confused....:confused:

Why do you need help? :)

https://pbase.com/jhuddle/image/169860199.jpg

charliedid
11-09-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm not falling for it...

I know.

XXtwindad
11-09-2019, 09:00 PM
I'm not falling for it...

I know.

Translation?

jamesdak
11-09-2019, 09:23 PM
And the paletti si right there eh? :P

50 miles on her today! :)

ToonaBP
11-09-2019, 10:40 PM
Serious or sarcastic.? ... I little of both... I didn't know PL existed until someone pointed me in this direction while looking for a Moots. Just surprised with all the quality used frames, wheels, and parts. You all must change you mind about builds frequently to have so many parts available... not that I am complaining... it's easier to browse when the temps are in the 30's ... the C-59 is a 52s and NFS... my back burner bike is a Moots Routt RSL with GRX mech drive train... not sure of the wheels yet.. no hurry... still in the dream stage. I'm sure the wisdom and insight of the forum members will influence my build decisions. Honored to be a member..

ultraman6970
11-09-2019, 10:45 PM
:hello:

50 miles on her today! :)

XXtwindad
11-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Serious or sarcastic.? ... I little of both... I didn't know PL existed until someone pointed me in this direction while looking for a Moots. Just surprised with all the quality used frames, wheels, and parts. You all must change you mind about builds frequently to have so many parts available... not that I am complaining... it's easier to browse when the temps are in the 30's ... the C-59 is a 52s and NFS... my back burner bike is a Moots Routt RSL with GRX mech drive train... not sure of the wheels yet.. no hurry... still in the dream stage. I'm sure the wisdom and insight of the forum members will influence my build decisions. Honored to be a member..

You certainly recovered from your addiction quickly.

ToonaBP
11-09-2019, 11:23 PM
But ..now I'm thinking, with the flow of excess used parts available, I ought to build up my CAAD 9 frame that has been hanging on my wall, since C-Dale moved manufacturing from Bedford, PA to China. A sad day for that area of the state.

ToonaBP
11-09-2019, 11:36 PM
My CAAD 9....

oldpotatoe
11-10-2019, 07:31 AM
A member, not even a month, and I am addicted .. I am constantly checking for new items, whether needed or not. Almost bought a nice disc wheelset the other day... I don't own a disc bike....! My Moots frame is still bare, even though I recently purchased a SR group from PL. Already looking for another "unicorn " to transfer my dura-ace parts, that are on a perfectly good Emonda SLR. Hopefully my C-59 won't be on the chopping block...

“Good morning, my name is ToonaBP and I’m a bike part addict’
“Good morning ToonaBP”
:)

But geez, lots worse things to be ‘addicted’ to. If ya can afford it, go for it. Easy to turn around stuff you buy.

cinema
11-10-2019, 09:35 AM
It gets better.

Elefantino
11-10-2019, 11:24 AM
It gets better.

No, it doesn't. :D

Ronsonic
11-11-2019, 08:15 PM
I'm looking for an opium den, 'cause I really need to kick the stuff and get clean.

Keith A
11-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Serious or sarcastic.? ... I little of both... I didn't know PL existed until someone pointed me in this direction while looking for a Moots. Just surprised with all the quality used frames, wheels, and parts. You all must change you mind about builds frequently to have so many parts available... not that I am complaining... it's easier to browse when the temps are in the 30's ... the C-59 is a 52s and NFS... my back burner bike is a Moots Routt RSL with GRX mech drive train... not sure of the wheels yet.. no hurry... still in the dream stage. I'm sure the wisdom and insight of the forum members will influence my build decisions. Honored to be a member..Your C-59 is just my size :eek:

robertbb
11-11-2019, 09:58 PM
You wanna buy my Bora Ultra 35 tubulars? Dark label. Mint condition (did less than 250k). Bought them with a rush of blood thinking I had the time and inclination to run tubbies... I do not. :)

(I'm gonna be putting them up on PL as soon as I have time to take pics and upload them)

parris
11-11-2019, 10:07 PM
come on in the water's fine...

CDM
11-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Paceline is ripe for trolls....past and present.

Frankwurst
11-12-2019, 08:18 AM
“Good morning, my name is ToonaBP and I’m a bike part addict’
“Good morning ToonaBP”
:)

But geez, lots worse things to be ‘addicted’ to. If ya can afford it, go for it. Easy to turn around stuff you buy.be

I look at it like this.....I can build a bicycle for x amount of dollars, ride it once or a thousand times and turn around and sell it for a loss most times but not all the time and move on. Generally speaking the loss will not be a huge one and I had the fun of the build and riding something and figuring out if I liked it or not and figuring out what I liked or didn't. So it wasn't a loss because I gained some personal satisfaction and learned something out of the whole process. Beats smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo. :beer:

madsciencenow
11-12-2019, 08:58 AM
You wanna buy my Bora Ultra 35 tubulars? Dark label. Mint condition (did less than 250k). Bought them with a rush of blood thinking I had the time and inclination to run tubbies... I do not. :)

(I'm gonna be putting them up on PL as soon as I have time to take pics and upload them)

I have this same inclination from time-to-time followed by the same realization after a few rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk