PDA

View Full Version : DownhillBikesForSale - is this a real company?

d_douglas
11-08-2019, 03:47 PM
I was searching for a specific bike online and this site came up. They say the size is in stock and the price quoted is ALOT cheaper than any other online vendor or LBS. Prices on most stuff I glanced at were cheaper but in the realm of reality - mine is at cost or even below, I would guess.

https://downhillbikesforsale.com

My skeptical side says this is a scam. Has anyone bought from these guys? If so, are they legit?

Thanks for feedback

echappist
11-08-2019, 04:50 PM
I was searching for a specific bike online and this site came up. They say the size is in stock and the price quoted is ALOT cheaper than any other online vendor or LBS. Prices on most stuff I glanced at were cheaper but in the realm of reality - mine is at cost or even below, I would guess.

https://downhillbikesforsale.com

My skeptical side says this is a scam. Has anyone bought from these guys? If so, are they legit?

Thanks for feedback

but the prices are just so good so you can't resist?

at best, you are naive. at worst, you are willfully naive

scams work because it tries to appeal to our base desires (save money, get money for nothing, etc.)

there are so many tells about this scammy website, from the typo in its address (go to contact info), to the fact it doesn't bother telling you about its supposed locations in Malaysia and Japan, to the fact that it won't show up in the dealer network of any of the brands listed.

but nah, screws all these glaringly obvious signs, I'm gonna save a few thousand bucks on my purchase!

PS. these guys are so bad, they can't even keep their own lies straight. Have they been in business for 7 years or since 2003? In Indonesia and HongKong (sic.), or Korea and Japan?

It's been 7 years for the best bicycle agent in our city. and we have shipped hundreds of bicycle units to our customers from abroad. DB bike Ltd is the right place as your supplier. has 4 branches in various countries such as Singapore, Malasyia, Indonesia and Japan. This makes it easier for us to ship abroad. Apart from this we have established good relationships directly with large distributors in the UK, & US.

DB Bikes Sport PTE LTD

Paragon Shopping Centre , 290 Orchard Road BLK C Lelel 1 No. 145/C , Singapore 238859

International : +6288 - 211-955-315

Mail order : sales@downhillbikesforsale.com

Business Type

Supplier, Trading Company

Malaysia , Singapore, Korea & Hongkong

Main Products

Biycles, Bicycles Part & Accessories

Total Employees

12 - 25 People

Total Annual Revenue

US$5 Million - US$10 Million

Year Established

C40_guy
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Yea, feeling lucky?

Check the domain registration (http://www.simplywhois.com/whois/downhillbikesforsale.com)...

"has 4 branches in various countries such as Singapore, Malasyia, Indonesia and Japan. This makes it easier for us to ship abroad. Apart from this we have established good relationships directly with large distributors in the UK, & US."

I don't smell b*****, I see b*****!

Oh, and the testimonials are pretty funny...

Veloo
11-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Why they felt the need to post this makes me laugh.

Total Employees 12 - 25 People

Total Annual Revenue US$5 Million - US$10 Million

d_douglas
11-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm :)

I essentially knew it was a scam, but needed verification from the collective. That said, typos are due to language - having worked in another language myself while in Europe, I imagine my authority was questioned more than once since my communication skills were not native (French). I prolly sent some pretty funny emails!

another dream shattered :) :banana:

Sewere
02-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Yeah, this company is a real one. My friend works with them, he is a bike reseller. So no doubt, the company is a real one you can trust. This niche with bikes was very profitable a few years ago. Now with this COVID-19 pandemic situation all around the world, sales are decreasing. It's a crisis all around the world. Anyway, they are overcoming hardly this situation. They are using a pre pack administration (https://antonybatty.com/company-administration/pre-pack-administration) for their insolvency process. It's one of the safest ways nowadays. With this problem are working a big team of experts in this domain.

charliedid
02-06-2021, 09:17 AM
When you click this is what you get.

d_douglas
02-06-2021, 10:27 AM
Funny to see this thread resurrected - I forgot about asking this question last year.

How naive I was ;) ....

jkbrwn
02-06-2021, 11:48 AM
Yeah, this company is a real one. My friend works with them, he is a bike reseller. So no doubt, the company is a real one you can trust.

Reported yet again for your nonsense spam posting.