PDA

View Full Version : Serotta sticker question

ctimrun
12-28-2006, 03:09 AM
I would like to change the color of the Serotta stickers on my Legend Ti. Is this something I can do myself or does the frame need to be sent to Serotta to be done correctly? How much do the new stickers cost, or how much does Serotta charge to do this for me?

Thanks a bunch. By the way I love my bike and I am hoping it will last me for many many more years.

Bruce K
12-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I don't believe that Serotta will sell the decals to you directly as there was a problem with a couple of frames getting rebadged not that long ago.

They will sell decals to re-finishing shops and dealers. The last time I heard a cost it was around $80 - 100 but that may have changed and would also depend on what decals you wanted included.

I am not sure how you would remove the existing decals without damaging the finish and refinishing at Serotta is something they only do at certain times of the year. They do an excellent job, but it is not cheap.

You should ask your local dealer to get pricing for you.

If you know a good frame painter, they can do this too but it voids the frame warranty.

If it is a polished frame, I think the factory is the only way to go.

Good luck.

BK

pdxmech13
12-28-2006, 09:29 AM
They will repaint at any time.
They will sell decals to dealers.
They will let someone else paint the bike.

Bruce K
12-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I thought I remembered something somewhere that Serotta doesn't do re-finishes (excluding crash repairs) during the busier time of the season.

Anyone can paint the bike, but I also remember reading that it voided the warranty if it was done elsewhere.

Maybe Serotta James or Serotta Andrew can jump in on this one and give us the up to date information.

BK

Serpico
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
is this the same for ti frames? my ti frame is matte finish and I started pulling the down tube logos off and then decided to sell it the next day. pretty emo, huh.

Serotta_Andrew
12-28-2006, 10:39 AM
They will repaint at any time.
They will sell decals to dealers.
They will let someone else paint the bike.

yes, repaint at any time. Now is the best time!!!
Decals to dealers only...$50

No, we technically will not let someone else paint a Serotta. If painted by someone other than Serotta then the warranty is void.

ctimrun
12-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I have the bare Ti finish frame. Don't have to worry about damaging paint. I will have to research how much a dealer would charge me to do the stickers. Does Serotta offer the resticker service so it is done right?

Thanks for all the info!

Bruce K
12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes, the factory will renew the polished finish and redo the decals.

You would have to check with your dealer for the cost.

BK

Serotta PETE
12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I do not know cost or turnaround BUT, if you send to SEROTTA for repolish and decals it will look new. While frame is there they can check all alignments and adjust if needed.

Happy New year. PETE

I have the bare Ti finish frame. Don't have to worry about damaging paint. I will have to research how much a dealer would charge me to do the stickers. Does Serotta offer the resticker service so it is done right?

Thanks for all the info!

Sandy
12-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I do not know cost or turnaround BUT, if you send to SEROTTA for repolish and decals it will look new. While frame is there they can check all alignments and adjust if needed.

Happy New year. PETE

If my wife sends me to Serotta will they repolish my head and check all of my alignments?? Will I look new???? :rolleyes:

The Beautiful One

Serotta_Andrew
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
If my wife sends me to Serotta will they repolish my head and check all of my alignments?? Will I look new???? :rolleyes:

The Beautiful One

Sandy,

Do you want rack mounts with that!!!!!!

Serotta PETE
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
you will look like a new/old SANDY and still be better looking than new/old PETE!!!!

The Beautiful One

dave thompson
12-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Sandy,

Sandy; with rack mounts?!?! Ow my eyes!

Louis
12-28-2006, 07:28 PM

That's a great deal if the $50 also covers the hormone pills...