PDA

View Full Version : OT: DANGER NO bicycle content what so ever

Too Tall
12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Planting for a new Year.
Harry Lauder's Walking Stick - This beaut is 6 ft. tall and growing! When dad was alive he chucked his cigar butts on the roots and claims that what made it so big. Myself and 6 hardy souls moved it from mom's before we sold the place.

Next up is a Dwan Redwood. A primevial thing if ever there was one...well that and Fly's bibs both in the same genre...prehistoric. Look up the back story on this tree, way cool. The tree was a gift from the 'rents that arrived about 10 yrs. late! Woo woo, can't wait for this baby to start growing. The trunk and bark are kind of pink.

Xyzzy
12-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Is that a meth lab?

Ginger
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
doesn't have enough trash bags outside to be a meth lab...

Too Tall
12-27-2006, 06:44 PM
What's a Meth lab prythy tell suh?

Anywho, ain't it a purty tree :)

Ken Robb
12-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Pale Scotsman and I want to know what is a "Harry Lauder's Walking Stick"?

Ginger
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Too Tall, I have to say, those are fine looking trees.

From landscaping.about.com

This shrub is not grown primarily for its blooms but for its unusual branching pattern, which is indicated by its other common names: corkscrew filbert and contorted hazelnut. For as you can see from the picture, its branches contort themselves in every which way, resembing corkscrews.

How Harry Lauder's Walking Stick Got Its Name: According to Adele Kleine of "Flower and Garden Magazine," the shrub's "appealing common name derives from the old Scottish comedian Harry Lauder who performed using a crooked branch as a cane."

BURCH
12-28-2006, 12:06 PM
I just transplanted a bunch of shrubs (Holly mostly) last month and so far they have all survived. Some where pretty mature. You picked the best time of year to do your moving. Good Luck and I hope that they survive.

Too Tall
12-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I've got the magic touch when it comes to transplants....a real live rootball shovel helps ;)

Dang, I like the redwood so much I may have to find a couple more.