PDA

View Full Version : Cutthroat dynamo setup question

zoom2zoom
10-29-2019, 01:40 PM
I’m trying to do a dynamo setup with Sinewave Reactor usb charger that mounts to the stem cap

My question - how does the wire routing work with the cutthroat fork? Can the wiring go straight from the stem cap all the way inside to the bottom of the fork? And how do you thread the wire? Sorry I’m a newbie at this

Thanks in advanced

JAGI410
10-29-2019, 09:12 PM
The routing is an internal tube that starts a few inches above the dropout then pops out on the front about an inch below the crown race. So in a Sinewave install you'd have to loop the wire down and through the steer tube. It would look a little funny IMHO, but it'll certainly work. If you're not stuck on a Sinewave, I'd just look for a dynamo light with the built in USB charger.

unterhausen
10-30-2019, 06:47 AM
the only light with a built in USB that I'm aware of is the Luxos, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. I have the original version, and I'm a bit afraid to use it because it has such a bad reputation.

woolly
10-30-2019, 11:53 AM
the only light with a built in USB that I'm aware of is the Luxos, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. I have the original version, and I'm a bit afraid to use it because it has such a bad reputation.

Interesting. I've had a favorable experience with my Luxos U. The rubberized covering over the button on the back has finally succumbed to years of Texas garage heat, but otherwise it's worked quite well. The beam is a *little* streaky in spots, but something I've been happy to live with to get the USB port for my rando bike.

zoom2zoom
10-30-2019, 11:58 AM
The routing is an internal tube that starts a few inches above the dropout then pops out on the front about an inch below the crown race. So in a Sinewave install you'd have to loop the wire down and through the steer tube. It would look a little funny IMHO, but it'll certainly work. If you're not stuck on a Sinewave, I'd just look for a dynamo light with the built in USB charger.

The problem is that there is no place for the wire to come out from inside the steerer tube out to the crown fork.

jtakeda
10-30-2019, 11:58 AM

Sinewave lights have a usb

zoom2zoom
10-30-2019, 12:02 PM
Sinewave lights have a usb

I’m using Exposure Revo lights and i already bought the sinewave reactor charger

zoom2zoom
10-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Spoke to Salsa and it’s not possible as the fork is sealed inside

That’s too bad, i was trying to go for the clean no wire look