PDA

View Full Version : Cube NUROAD Pro FE

Germany_chris
10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
I'm now back in Germany after resetting my clock in the states and it looks like my new apartment will be in riding distance so I'm looking for another bike. I want something relaxed, big tires, fenders, that can take panniers. I don't want a touring bike nor do I want a mountain bike and I don't want to spend a bunch of money.

https://i.postimg.cc/QHtLc82z/Cube-Nu-Road.png (https://postimg.cc/QHtLc82z)

This seems to be everything I'm looking for...not it's not my preferred steel/Ti/Campy but it seems to have everything I want including disc's. Does anyone have an experience with this bike or Cube? I know they're popular here but popular doesn't mean good. The bike has an 1100 Euro MSRP so I imagine I can pick it up for 900-950ish minus VAT. If the bike is craptastic is there something I should be looking at available new in Europe?

sonicCows
10-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Cube has supplied bikes to teams on the WorldTour, so they're legit. I haven't dealt with the company however. The one you listed looks nice, it won't be the lightest because it comes with a dynamo, but the spec seems well thought-out, with hydros, a 46/30 crank, and lights/fenders. Will be hard to go wrong, even if it's a pretty generic-seeming aluminum frame since it has all the braze-ons you'd want. Only downsides would be the heavier weight (although reasonable with all the add-ons) and non-full carbon fork.

You won't find anything close to this value in the states. Sad how the only ones they import to the US are hybrids and mountain bikes.

edit my bad, I was looking at the Race not Pro model. Still, it's a good spec

Germany_chris
10-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Cube has supplied bikes to teams on the WorldTour, so they're legit. I haven't dealt with the company however. The one you listed looks nice, it won't be the lightest because it comes with a dynamo, but the spec seems well thought-out, with hydros, a 46/30 crank, and lights/fenders. Will be hard to go wrong, even if it's a pretty generic-seeming aluminum frame since it has all the braze-ons you'd want. Only downsides would be the heavier weight (although reasonable with all the add-ons) and non-full carbon fork.

You won't find anything close to this value in the states. Sad how the only ones they import to the US are hybrids and mountain bikes.

That's my general opinion too..

If I was looking to drop weight it's be off my mid-section and rump not the bike.