PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Tours

cash05458
10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
No longer is Paris-Tours a strictly sprint finish race...won't give away any spoilers of course but the race features a good amount of gravel riding now...not my thing really but I know a ton of folks out here are digging gravel so maybe worth a look etc...

Hindmost
10-17-2019, 05:26 PM
It's a pretty cool format that they started last year. In the late part of the race the course starts jumping onto little farm tracks through vineyards. Sectors are under 1 or 2 k and there's a few short, sharp hills thrown in too. The remaining field was pretty well shattered over the last 20 k.

If the race sponsors want to feature some of the attractions of the countryside they have done a pretty good job here.

fignon's barber
10-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Gravel is the new pave.

cash05458
10-17-2019, 06:55 PM
ah, didn't realize they did it last year already...def. makes for a better race I think...this one was good.

tctyres
10-17-2019, 07:19 PM
ah, didn't realize they did it last year already...def. makes for a better race I think...this one was good.

The NBC Gold announcer is boring as dirt, tho. I thought they did well in the Vuelta. I don't know who that guy is who calls Paris-Tours, but his resume must include watching paint dry.

OK. Go ahead and flame me .......