PDA

View Full Version : A thanks to oldpotatoe for my latest wheel build

berserk87
10-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Peter did a masterful job on my latest build: Phil Wood hubs with Belgium C2 rims and Sapim spokes, 32x32. The hubs are shiny and as smooth as you'd like.

Wish I could upload some pics but I'm getting some error messages via the site upload portal.

I was looking to build some good solid wheels for everyday riding, and without an aluminum freehub body. After much consideration, I went with the Phil Wood hubs. I had a set back in the 90's and sold them, and regretted it later.

I'm 50 now, and figured that it's time to treat myself, so I said "what the heck?". Happy that I did. I'm really digging them.

Thanks again Peter!

jamesdak
10-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Good to hear. I've got a new (old) frame coming in and am currently researching what polished rims are out there to pair up with some NOS Dura Ace hubs I just picked up here. Figured once I sort it all out I'd hit Pete up for a build myself.

berserk87
10-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Good to hear. I've got a new (old) frame coming in and am currently researching what polished rims are out there to pair up with some NOS Dura Ace hubs I just picked up here. Figured once I sort it all out I'd hit Pete up for a build myself.

If memory serves, I think H+Son has some pretty good looking polished rims. You may give them a look-see.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2019, 06:22 AM
If memory serves, I think H+Son has some pretty good looking polished rims. You may give them a look-see.

Thanks for the kind words and yup..TB-14 and Archetype both come polished. As does a variety of Velocity rims..both great choices.

Gotta also mention, Phil Wood hasn't been sitting on their hands with regards to hubs(and a lot of their Stuff)..those hubs were gorgeous!!

berserk87
10-15-2019, 06:49 AM
I've never taken more pictures of hubs in my life. Those Phil Wood pieces are nice.

There were many more "practical" options for my build. The Phil's were an emotional decision for sure - just because I wanted them.