PDA

View Full Version : Why go to a pro football game?

rwsaunders
12-25-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't know if most Forumites would ever be allowed permission to enter the stadium. Just kidding folks.

Merry Christmas as I've built the last toy; a bike no doubt.

saab2000
12-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Packer games are a blast. My Dad has season tickets! :banana:

Over the years I have seen some pretty good games, including once while home from Europe for just a couple days over the New Year, a victory by the Packers over the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship game.

NFL games are the best major sports games to attend in person, by far. Baseball is second.

Kevin
12-25-2006, 08:57 AM
The Giants are dreadful. Going to the game with my senior citizen father, priceless.

Kevin

rwsaunders
12-25-2006, 09:18 AM
I hear you Kevin. I had my two youngest at their first NFL game yesterday, even though the outcome was not favorable. They were in heaven.

They collected funds for Children's Hospital at the gate for 2 1/2 hours in the cold. Not a complaint ws heard from them and they rasied more money than their old man. It's tough to deny a 7 year old with a Santa hat from getting a piece of your beer money!

Larry
12-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Cowboys and Redskins fall of 1992 (I believe.) It was Monday night football in Dallas, and there was that certain electricity in the air. Washington had
just won the Super Bowl, and the Cowboys were the up and coming team
with Jimmy Johnson, Troy, Emmit, Darryl Johnston, Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, Jay Novacek, and an amazing cast of incredible players. It was one of the best sporting events to watch live. Cowboys won......and went on to win the Super Bowl.

The best quick sports event of all time........
Boxing....... Hagler vs. Hearns
Two and a half rounds of action-packed trading punches!
Marvin was a lion!! Hearns gave it his best shot!
The crowd at Reunion Arena (big screen tv) went wild!!

Kevan
12-25-2006, 01:52 PM
and never have been to an NFL game.

Does this qualify me for Canadian citizenship?

Sandy
12-25-2006, 05:41 PM
and never have been to an NFL game.

Does this qualify me for Canadian citizenship?

Hopefully!! :)

Sandy

Larry
12-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Sandy,

Merry Christmas from Dallas!! I hope you are doing really well and are avoiding the dessert temptations.....it's too late now!!!

Check out Cbike.com for their 24 hour sale beginning at 12:01 tonight.
It looks like an end of the year clearance.
The Campy components will selll fast!

Cheers!
Larry