PDA

View Full Version : Serotta custom paint shop application(!?)

ols
05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Has anyone been able to get Serotta's downloadable custom paint application to work? Way back when, they had a similar cool application that let you play around with paint colors/schemes, and they seem to have brought it back. Any tips from those of you who've successfully gotten it to work would be gratefully appreciated! (On my PC, I go through the described java downloading sequence, but still end up with an empty window..) Here's the address for the download button/ instructions:

http://www.serotta.com/pages/paintIt.html

davids
05-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Are you accessing the 'net through a firewall? It's either the firewall's security settings or your browser's. Try loosening security on one or both.

Needs Help
05-10-2004, 09:25 PM
It works sporadically for me. If I don't get a security warning with a choice to accept or reject the java applet, then it hangs and doesn't work. I just tried it though, and it worked for me.

jwb96
05-11-2004, 06:16 AM
I just tried it at home on my Mac to no avail (and Java was supposed to be platform independent! :crap: ). I'm going to try it at work today but knowing all the issues we've had with Java already, I'm not holding my breath. :mad: Why?! This could be the coolest thing ever!

jwb96
05-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I just tried it at home on my Mac to no avail (and Java was supposed to be platform independent! :crap: ). I'm going to try it at work today but knowing all the issues we've had with Java already, I'm not holding my breath. :mad: Why?! This could be the coolest thing ever!

It IS the coolest thing ever!! :cool: :cool: :cool: I got it to work at work - every bike maker should have this on their site. I never knew the Celtic design could look so mean until I blended black and white with red accents - that thing looks scary cool. This has given me new enthusiasm about Serottas.