PDA

View Full Version : Alright...SO what did Santa bring??

physasst
12-24-2006, 10:22 PM
What kinds of stuff did y'all get that's cycling related....ME..I got a spinervals DVD the Hillacious one...a set of Aksium wheels...(which at 208#, I love), a lance armstrong coffee mug, a gift certificate to Nashbar, a cycling t shirt, and several jerseys....tights etc....

What did everybody else score??

Enquiring minds want to know....

Barry...we already know...BTW-did ya ever tell the missus about the bike in Arizona????? :p

Frankp
12-25-2006, 08:35 AM
A Cateye wireless computer, a Serfas seatbag, a pair of Oakley Half Jacket sunglasses and, oh by the way, a brand new Serotta :banana: :banana:
Frankp

Kevin
12-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Smiling children.

Kevin

H.Frank Beshear
12-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Smiling children.

Kevin
Ahh, gifts of the very best kind. Our daughters gave us the same gift.

Merry Christmas all.
Frank

TriJim
12-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Rapha Merino top, Rouleur subscription, Assos Face Mask, and Golden Age of Cycling and 6-Day Races books.

In the mid-20s and "ice fog" all day, but I still enjoyed a 60-minute excursion on the mountain bike.

Merry Christmas to all. :fight:

rePhil
12-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Happy grandchildren. Just watching their smiling faces makes us happy.

pale scotsman
12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
An o' dark thirty wake up from the son. Scared the crap out of my wife and me because he was just standing there saying Merry Christmas reall low like; he's 13 btw.

Oh, and new tires for my "new" '84 Stumpjumper.

SponsorsWanted
12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
A new Gold Tone CB-100 banjo, and my mother's squaling excitement when she opened her new desert plates and espresso cups (we're Italian and Italian women love anything kitchen-related)

swalburn
12-25-2006, 01:18 PM
My wife and her family spoiled me. I got a pair of Specialized Pro Carbon Shoes for my BDay which is next Saturday (the big 30). I got a killer head wind unit for my rollers and a dionette ultra 5 light. Thats not to mention the ipod video player and several bottles of wine.

swoop
12-25-2006, 01:34 PM
a massive flu.

znfdl
12-25-2006, 01:56 PM
2007 Campy Centaur Compact Groupo

GoJavs
12-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Since I lost 35 lbs. I've had to give up most of my pants, so my dear wife bought me a whole new collection of GAP, Banana Republic, J.Crew etc...pants...Good, needed it...

I also got one of those cool New Belgium brewery LS wool jerseys. Very cool, now all I need to do is time the next South Florida cold front perfectly :rolleyes:

Gothard
12-25-2006, 02:45 PM
A child, a month early (ago)

A loving wife

An Hors Cat (see gallery)

ergott
12-25-2006, 02:45 PM
A cold (cough, couch), but a very happy family. My son is bonkers right now and I love it.

Steelman
12-25-2006, 03:30 PM
A wobbly old pair of Spinergy Rev-X's and a lump of coal. Jolly Saint Nick my a$$!

BumbleBeeDave
12-25-2006, 03:48 PM
. . . but I did get three days with my daughter and the chance or ride twice with friends, including one lap of a mountain bike race that included one spectacular endo (at least, from my point of view on the receiving end), one plain old fall, and at least half a dozen dismounts. I think the winner did 13 laps. I couldn't deal with 13 endos, so I just quit after the one lap and shot pictures the rest of the time. I did, however, negotiate the "Drop Of Doom" successfully 3 times.

Today six of us rode for an hour, then came back to my place for hot cider and warm chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of my daughter.

So, altogether, a pretty d@mn good weekend so far!

BBD

sjbraun
12-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Our daughter is finally waking up to the joys of cycling!
She's been riding a cheap, heavy, safe-for-campus (i.e. cheap) mountain bike all semester. Twice this week, she rode that beast on 20 mile rides.
Its off to the LBS tomorrow to talk about getting her a frame to go with the Centaur triple components I've recently retired.
But today, she joined me on the tandem for a brisk 30 mile jaunt around Tucson.

We finished the ride with our traditional Christmas breakfast of croissant-based French toast, bacon and fresh orange juice.

What a great day.

Peter P.
12-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Santa gave me a mountain bike ride: 2 hours in Giuffrida Park. It was 24 degrees, wet and muddy. Put my foot in the stuff a couple times. Best present I could've gotten; I never knew he could fit that on his sleigh...

RCK
12-25-2006, 04:56 PM
An appointment to get fitted for my first SEROTTA :banana:

Lifelover
12-25-2006, 07:04 PM
My Mom made me and each of my boys matching aprons!

Almost forgot my LBS Hoody

Elefantino
12-25-2006, 07:44 PM
$100 gift certificate to a struggling LBS.

A beautiful card from my wife.

A great photo when my son opened the card from my mom, which said "To a relative..." (it was a joke)

An even greater photo when my daughter opened the latest season of Smallville on DVD.

A killer prime rib.

And the capper: My 86-year-old mom cracking up after Ali G asked the animal doctor, "Why was there so much sick animals in Vietnam?"

Priceless.

conchflats
12-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Orange Ottrott!

AgilisMerlin
12-25-2006, 08:00 PM
an appointment with a pepto bismo bottle........................

no fever................... :banana:

and a gazillion plastic package wrappings from all my kids toys..............about 7 different polly pocket packages.................yadayadayada

a puke free day. All around a good ol' time burning wood..........with the extended family............boooooooooooyah

a gift cert. to banana republic so that i can buy some pants. mine all have holes in them :D

will ride tomorrow i hope.

AmerliN

Ginger
12-25-2006, 08:13 PM
The only gift I received for Christmas was a short notice family gathering. A bit subdued, it may be my dad's last. But to have everyone put aside their differences and be home together on a night that didn't involve a hospital or medical emergency was wonderful.

R2D2
12-25-2006, 08:33 PM
A wonderful loving wife that has been a champ putting up with a full
house and at the same time preparing gourmet meals of lobtser, leg of lamb
and crown roast.
Two beautiful daughters full of laughs and smiles.
A Dad who is happy with the dogs and the grand children.
Emergency abdominal surgery to finally straighten out a problem that has
plaqued me for six years. OUCH that eight inch incission hurts!
A nice ShowersPass rain jacket and a great set of rollers. Unfortunately I can't use either for another 5 weeks.

Peace out...................

AgilisMerlin
12-25-2006, 08:37 PM
A wonderful loving wife that has been a champ putting up with a full
house and at the same time preparing gourmet meals of lobtser, leg of lamb
and crown roast.
Two beautiful daughters full of laughs and smiles.
A Dad who is happy with the dogs and the grand children.
Emergency abdominal surgery to finally straighten out a problem that has
plaqued me for six years. OUCH that eight inch incission hurts!
A nice ShowersPass rain jacket and a great set of rollers. Unfortunately I can't use either for another 5 weeks.

Peace out...................

Good Luck. A good time of year for Recovery ;)

AmerliN

Samster
12-25-2006, 10:10 PM
The only gift I received for Christmas was a short notice family gathering. A bit subdued, it may be my dad's last. But to have everyone put aside their differences and be home together on a night that didn't involve a hospital or medical emergency was wonderful.i can relate to that. hope your holidays stay peaceful.

Hobbscooley
12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I got a new set of Bontrager Classics with Grand prix 4000 700 X 25, lots of rain and wind and great food and family

saab2000
12-25-2006, 10:14 PM
I got nothing except to make my nephew and niece and mom and dad smile. That is worth more than all the carbon wheelsets. Got Christmas off for once. Cool.

LilBolt
12-25-2006, 10:35 PM
My boyfriend found the bike club for my alma mater (UC San Diego), and worked with a guy from the student bike coop to get me a jersey (for a such a tech saavy school, this was mail order the old fashioned way...did you know money orders still exist??). Now just got to layer up and get on the road before the next pacific northwest storm hits so I can show it off.

FierteTi52
12-25-2006, 11:02 PM
I had a great holiday enjoying family and friends. Received several nice gifts non cycling related except for a Poly Pro top and bottom. The best part was riding my Kirk on Xmas day with 45*temps and no snow in Buffalo NY. It was a wonderful gift from Santa!
Happy Holidays to all,:beer:
Jeff

justinf
12-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Complete Rapha winter kit. WOW. Rained all day though, so tomorrow is pimp day. I'm still in awe. We had a nice xmas here, hope you guys and gals did too.

dave thompson
12-26-2006, 11:46 PM
This is the first Christmas I received nothing bike. I guess my wife figures I have everything! Best non-bike thing were tickets to the Blue Man Group when they appear here in February.

LegendRider
12-27-2006, 04:57 AM
I got a new Concept2 Model D erg which replaced a 20+ year-old Model A. Ah, the sweet pain...

BBB
12-27-2006, 05:47 AM
I'm in the no bike category as well. Wine and books here.

Ozz
12-27-2006, 08:56 AM
No bike stuff here either...well, I got a winter jersey from my bro-in-law, but it is too big so will be going back to REI...probably for a pair of lightweight hiking boots.

I did get an iPod...that will help make riding the trainer less miserable...I guess that is kinda bike related.

Oh, and I got a cold too.....

Dan Le foot
12-27-2006, 09:02 AM
A digital scale. Perfect gift for the weight weenie.
I weighted everything in the house.
The 2002 Ottrott came in at 2.99 lbs. Seven Axiom Ti at 2.65 lbs.
My RC racing sailboat 8.0 LBS. (Right on the class limit)
Send your stuff over. I weigh it.
;)
Dan

Fat Robert
12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
weird stuff I didn't ask for:

a can of peanuts
a box of candy
(from eccentric grandmother-in-law who gives that to *everyone* every year, both re-gifted to dumb fat father-in-law)

a flashlight (***?)
a water filter (2 x ***?)
some towells (3 x ***?)

good stuff:

some arm warmers
some knee warmers

really good stuff:

bar tape, time carbon rxs pedals, wound up seatpost, oval deep drop bars, that will go on to:

the really, really good stuff:

killer custom steel road frame with matching ouzo pro fork from mr. kirk pacenti

pics tomorrow, buds

(did I spill the beans to early, kirkpal?)

catulle
12-27-2006, 09:37 AM
killer custom steel road frame with matching ouzo pro fork from mr. kirk pacenti
pics tomorrow, buds
(did I spill the beans to early, kirkpal?)

You better post LOTS of pictures, bubba.

On the 25th I worked from 9:30AM to 10:30PM on a video for my daughter's foundation. I sat in a smelly little room editing the darn thing with a very nice but very strange guy and his high-zoot Mac. During the whole day just a 40 minute break for some fast food. If I didn't have a daughter I'd live like Henry Miller. I'd rather keep my daughter, though. Humans are weird.

joy&revolution
12-27-2006, 11:23 AM
This year was a good year for bike stuff.
-I got the rapha classics pack from my girlfriend. I comes with the Rapha Sportwool Jersey (http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=105) , climbers cap and a pair of the merino socks. The jersey is incredible handsdown the nicest jersey I've ever worn or seen, the cut is second to none and the material is wonderful. The socks are great too, the climbers cap is disappointing though, it just doesn't seem to fit right.

-Smartwool Cycling socks. Soooo cush.

-Regal saddle with TI Rails. By far the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. Replaces my Arione that has served me well, bent rails and all.

-REI Powerstretch Half zip top (http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=48031809&parent_category_rn=4501441&vcat=REI_SSHP_MENS_CLOTHING_TOC) , amazingly nice, probably the softest thing i own. Really good fit through the body for a slim guy like me, but it seems like the arms were built for some one with a bit more muscle.

- No serotta this year... who knows maybe next year if I'm really good.

Cheers.

CNY rider
12-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Is that a Festivous pole in front of your home?

Two thumbs up! :p

Serpico
12-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I got some giftcards (barnes & noble and borders)

picked up thelonious monk criss cross and charles mingus mingus mingus mingus mingus

I'll be picking up some more jazz tonight

might get an Ozu (director) Criterion Collection DVD

92degrees
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
New VDO 'puter. New skins (Conti GP4000s). That's about it for bike stuff.

catulle
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I had a great holiday enjoying family and friends. Received several nice gifts non cycling related except for a Poly Pro top and bottom. The best part was riding my Kirk on Xmas day with 45*temps and no snow in Buffalo NY. It was a wonderful gift from Santa!
Happy Holidays to all,:beer:
Jeff

That bicycle looks like it fits you perfectly and very comfortably. Congratulations.

KevinK
12-27-2006, 04:04 PM
I also got one of those cool New Belgium brewery LS wool jerseys. Very cool, now all I need to do is time the next South Florida cold front perfectly :rolleyes:

I got a New Belgium jersey too! I also got a Fat Tire cap and a pair of glove liners which will see double duty during ski season.

Kevin

BillyBear
12-27-2006, 04:20 PM
...one of those woolistic long sleeve Molteni trainers...

Ti-Boy
12-27-2006, 06:53 PM
delivered Assos Bib Tights, PI Wool Jersey, and the Garmin Edge 305 hr/cad.

Rapid Tourist
12-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Nothing bike related. I got some nice earrings-- betchya many of you didn't get earrings-- and a lovely dinner with some wonderful friends.

Rained on X-mas so no riding......