PDA

View Full Version : 2 great bike companies

R3awak3n
10-06-2019, 06:54 AM
my bike life always crumbles at the same time. Few weeks ago broke a spoke on my fairly new reynolds AR41. This whee has been a nightmare. Wheel was out of dish, which I did not notice right away so I did nkt send it back. Got that fixed. Wheel kept on going un true and finally (I had trued it a few times) a spoke broke. Took the bike to the shop and they replaced spoke. A few days later, out of true. Messaged reynolds. I have another pair of reynolds wheels and have had more in the past, never a problem. They told me to send the wheel back for a rebuild. A week later they sent me a brand new wheel.

At the same time I broke that wheel, I felt some play in my pedal. Shimano xtr... a ton of miles on that. Took pedal off and low and behold. The fsa power crank is cracking around the pedal. Awesome. Pedal still had play, as I was trying to open it I broke the nut so that pedal is now in xtr heaven.
Sent fsa an email and they told me, send the crank for us to see. A week later I have a brand new set of arms matted to the power2max unit.

I buy a lot of stuff used here but sometimes it pays of to buy new and get the warranty. But its good to see companies honor the warranty without playing the blame game or taking months to send the stuff back.

skouri1
10-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Nice . Sometimes bad luck comes in a series . Glad you're back on the road without disputes .

R3awak3n
10-06-2019, 12:30 PM
and why I have more than 1 bike. 2 bikes broken but still had 1 to ride :banana:

Drmojo
10-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Sacrilege round here. Good to know you got it all fixed

R3awak3n
10-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Sacrilege round here. Good to know you got it all fixed

its the perfect number ahha, 1 gravel, 1 road, 1 groad. That said, thinking about adding another one :banana:

GOTHBROOKS
10-06-2019, 04:12 PM
i think a stable is perfectly rounded out with three. one skinny tire, one fat tire, and one fixed drivetrain. youre set.

R3awak3n
10-06-2019, 04:15 PM
i think a stable is perfectly rounded out with three. one skinny tire, one fat tire, and one fixed drivetrain. youre set.

I would totally take a fixed as well as a MTB but then would be 5 over here. I thought I coulda done without a roadie but missed it too much.

XXtwindad
10-06-2019, 07:25 PM
its the perfect number ahha, 1 gravel, 1 road, 1 groad. That said, thinking about adding another one :banana:

Three is the perfect number. I agree. Road. All road. Mountain. Been meaning to tell you that for awhile. Can't really see the point of "wall art."

R3awak3n
10-06-2019, 08:24 PM
We ride ALL the bikes

ariw
10-07-2019, 02:44 PM
I have a just over a 1 year old Suunto watch with wrist hr that I really like that the band just tore off of. I was almost resigned to paying for a new one because it seemed like the body was damaged so a new band wouldn’t cut it. When I called support, they told me there was a known issue, emailed a UPS label, and reassured me that item would be fixed under warranty quickly

:-)

Ari

IJWS
10-07-2019, 03:55 PM
xtr heaven