PDA

View Full Version : Help determining generation of King R45 Disc hubs

Philly4eyes
09-29-2019, 02:48 PM
Edit: In case anyone runs into this issue. in the future Gen 1 R45's are 6 bolt Gen 2 R45's are center lock

So I'm building up a new bike (see my New to me Moots Rout RSL thread) and I need to switch the axes in 2 pairs of wheels from QR to TA. King has axels for generations 1 and 2 of R45 disc. I'm not sure how to tell which generation I have and I don't want to order the wrong axels.

Anyone know how to tell the difference?

Thanks

echappist
09-29-2019, 03:47 PM
So I'm building up a new bike (see my New to me Moots Rout RSL thread) and I need to switch the axes in 2 pairs of wheels from QR to TA. King has axels for generations 1 and 2 of R45 disc. I'm not sure how to tell which generation I have and I don't want to order the wrong axels.

Anyone know how to tell the difference?

Thanks

There should be a serial number etched onto the hubs. Send an email to CK, with that serial #, and ask them to ID it for you

I should add that they are pretty quick in their turn around, about 2 business days max.

Email is info@chrisking.com

Philly4eyes
09-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Thanks I'll do that now! Thanks!

Philly4eyes
09-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Damn it the axels are on backorder indefinitely... might have to buy new wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echappist
09-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Ebay may be an option

There's a guy from Britain selling axles (no idea where he sources them), but he labels them with the part #, and you can see if he has the part # you need

Philly4eyes
09-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Ebay may be an option

There's a guy from Britain selling axles (no idea where he sources them), but he labels them with the part #, and you can see if he has the part # you need

Thanks I’ve been checking but no one has the correct part on eBay... the guys at king said they deprioritized the axels for 6 bolt hubs since the are only making centerlock now... I hope they actually make the axels again. In the meantime I might just have to buy a new wheel set [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly4eyes
10-02-2019, 08:29 AM
In case anyone runs into this issue. in the future Gen 1 R45's are 6 bolt Gen 2 R45's are center lock