PDA

View Full Version : Bike Shops in Palm Springs / Palm Desert

damocles
09-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Hey Paceline, can anyone recommend a good higher end bike shop for service around Palm Springs / Palm Desert? I've got a Chris King R45 Centerlock rear hub that needs some love beyond what I can give it.

I'm currently travelling away from home for several weeks and will be arriving in Palm Springs in a few days...

I did a bit of searching and found mostly generic looking bike shops, other than these guys, who I have reached out to:

http://www.desertbikeman.com/

Any first hand recommendations from the Paceline though would be really appreciated.

Pierre
09-28-2019, 03:42 PM
My favourite for service on high end machines is Palm Desert Cyclery. They know their stuff. My favourite for help, parts, good conversation with a character is Joel’s. He has saved me in a pinch and his hours are great. His store is pretty basic and blue collar.

Beware of anything in Palm Springs. Usually overpriced and not service oriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damocles
09-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Great! Thanks for the local intel Pierre.

Pierre
10-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Also ride-wise the long climb up that highway in Palm Desert is awesome but on very early on a Sunday morning only. Too much traffic on the two lane part any other time. Looking for a fast descent: do The Tram. That one is best timed to get to top at sunrise and then Fly down. No need for brakes. I hit 60mph on that one. Lastly desert cycling club rocks. Fun group rides and a nice fast option on Saturday morns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damocles
10-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Good tips Pierre! Thanks :)

I didn't have any luck with the timing of the shops we'd be discussing, but found an awesome mountain bike shop about half way in between Ontario and Palm Springs that sorted me out:

https://ridgeline.services/

If anyone is ever in the area and in need of a great mechanic, they get two thumbs up from me.

I've been exploring the area and trying to find quieter back roads. This was a fun one the other day... It's real hot here and not a lot of places to find water in the more remote area.