PDA

View Full Version : Science in Sport and expirations dates

dbnm
09-27-2019, 08:26 PM
I'm a big fan of their products but two of my last three orders have arrived with product that are past their expiration dates.

One order arrived with bars that were expired by 2 months. My current order arrived today. The box of bars said 01/20 but the bars inside all say 01/19. I assume it's a typo but you can't mess this up when it comes to food.
I've emailed them and will report back their response.

If you order consumables from them, be sure to open the boxes when they arrive.

Clean39T
09-27-2019, 08:48 PM
They usually provide discounts up front for food with near expiration dates...

I haven't noticed any ill effects from continuing to consume gels that are a couple months past their best buy.

dbnm
09-27-2019, 08:55 PM
I know about their "short date" items and don't buy them.

The orders I am speaking of were for fresh/in-date items.

simonov
09-28-2019, 04:24 AM
Most food people throw away for expiration dates is still fine to consume. That said, it's totally unacceptable for them to send you expired product.

fmradio516
09-29-2019, 11:31 AM
ive gotten the same from them on my first order. Everything was a month away from expiring, even though it was full price. They refunded me.

dbnm
09-30-2019, 05:50 PM
I had an email exchange with SIS today. They admitted to an issue with the mismatched dates and gave me a store credit for the bars I purchase.

nmrt
09-30-2019, 06:04 PM
i was listening to an NPR podcast and found out that there is no FDA oversight in expiration dates. As such, it can mean anything regarding the 'quality' of the food and is dependent on how the manufacturer defines the term, 'use by' or 'best by' etc.