PDA

View Full Version : MAAP Branded Content.....I have no words

IJWS
09-27-2019, 12:11 PM
https://usa.maap.cc/blogs/news/maap-presents-rooted

wallymann
09-27-2019, 12:14 PM
is this stuff any good? bibs are my main interest, if the shammy aint top-shelf...then i'll move on.

dbnm
09-27-2019, 12:21 PM
I've been wanting to try their bibs.

That video is awful.

m4rk540
is this stuff any good? bibs are my main interest, if the shammy aint top-shelf...then i'll move on.

The price to quality ratio is not favorable. They do inhabit a just-right niche in trendy Australian cycling apparel. In other words, they're not bland Rapha clones like Jaggad or ironic of the moment modern Primals like Attaquer. But it will fall apart in less than two seasons if you wear it once a week.

IJWS
No idea about the bibs. I got a wind jacket on sale and I really like the fit--very slim. I'm interested in the rest of their line although it is quite expensive. The video has me looking for a return form though :( Kidding!

Veloo
09-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Kinda sounds like Gal Gadot.

cloudguy
09-27-2019, 12:44 PM
https://usa.maap.cc/blogs/news/maap-presents-rooted

I'll give y0u s0me w0rds: c00l, awes0me, d0pe, b0undary pushing...0r just r00ted. :cool:

denapista
09-27-2019, 01:02 PM
I have a bunch of seasons 1/2 MAAP clothing. The bibs are what I would say, some of the best bibs I've ridden in. Seriously. The chamois is legit, and the compression is on point. When I go to grab a kit to wear, I normally grab my MAAP bibs, but the jersey is another story..

The earlier seasons, the fit of the jerseys are super pro and snug and perfect. The only issue I had was the lack of sweat wicking of the material. It's like the jersey absorbed my sweat and retained the sweat in the material, making it super wet the entire ride. Like going into your jersey pockets, you would have a soaked phone and it was super hard to pull items out of the jersey while riding because they were stuck via moisture. I ride with a couple of guys who are MAAP ambassadors, and they say the new stuff if night and day to the earlier season stuff..

That's all I'll say about MAAP.

Drmojo
09-27-2019, 01:14 PM
I have a bunch of seasons 1/2 MAAP clothing. The bibs are what I would say, some of the best bibs I've ridden in. Seriously. The chamois is legit, and the compression is on point. When I go to grab a kit to wear, I normally grab my MAAP bibs, but the jersey is another story..

The earlier seasons, the fit of the jerseys are super pro and snug and perfect. The only issue I had was the lack of sweat wicking of the material. It's like the jersey absorbed my sweat and retained the sweat in the material, making it super wet the entire ride. Like going into your jersey pockets, you would have a soaked phone and it was super hard to pull items out of the jersey while riding because they were stuck via moisture. I ride with a couple of guys who are MAAP ambassadors, and they say the new stuff if night and day to the earlier season stuff..

That's all I'll say about MAAP.

put yr phone in Ziploc bag
sweat free

Mzilliox
09-27-2019, 01:28 PM

the bibs are 1 of my current favorites, right up there w isadore climbers bibs.

Davist
09-27-2019, 01:38 PM
the bibs are 1 of my current favorites, right up there w isadore climbers bibs.

+1 bought the bibs, my current favorites. I don't know about the movie, as it's 28 minutes long, and that's a long commercial...

makoti
09-27-2019, 01:41 PM

I have two sets, one is older with a crap chamois but the fabric feels great. Disappears on you, grips very well. The newer one, the chamois is top shelf, but the fabric feels really thin for the price. Not as comfortable on longer rides. A bit disappointed in them.

Clancy
09-27-2019, 02:43 PM
I believe the op is perhaps referring to the video, not the clothes?

The vibe and the implied messages?

Perhaps I’m wrong

makoti
09-27-2019, 02:59 PM
I believe the op is perhaps referring to the video, not the clothes?

The vibe and the implied messages?

Perhaps I’m wrong

He is, but the follow up post asked about the clothing line, so...

GonaSovereign
09-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Everyone know what root means in Australia?

Maap stuff is good, and has a nice slim race cut. Not for large people. As someone said, not price:quality optimized.

pasadena
09-27-2019, 03:59 PM
MAAP bibs are good, but I think the Rapha Pro Team chamois is better.
Overall quality is about the same

denapista
09-27-2019, 04:10 PM
put yr phone in Ziploc bag
sweat free

I ride with my phone in a Rapha transfer phone wallet... Yeah.. It was still getting moist and the case is what I was mainly referring too.

The bibs are hands down some of the best bibs I've ridden in. Truly the first time I wore a bib and I never thought about the bib during the entire ride. Unlike Rapha stuff that either moves around or a random seam pinching you here or there.. The season 1-3 Rapha stuff was God sent. The rest, I'm not so sure about. I also wear lots of Endo bibs, since he's local.

rzthomas
09-27-2019, 04:16 PM
page is down. can someone give me a synopsis of what I ought to be outraged by?

Spoker
09-27-2019, 04:36 PM
I find myself grabbing some cheap bibs as much as the MAAP. Tight compression. I'm sure they will last.

bathsalts
09-27-2019, 07:23 PM
whoa, I think I got a contact high

charliedid
09-27-2019, 07:25 PM
page is down. can someone give me a synopsis of what I ought to be outraged by?

Nothing but a couple friends having a bit of fun on bikes for a few days.

Outrageous!

bianchi10
09-27-2019, 07:47 PM
MAAP is excellent quality. I used to be a brand ambassador when they were in their early stages. The chamois is great and from what I have heard, the new improved chamois in their latest bib release is even better. I have not worn their gear in roughly 2.5 years as I'm obligated to wear the brands that support me, however I will always hold MAAP in high regards to quality. Their style on the other hand is subjective. I like solid colors and symmetry. Many of their designs are based on unsymmetrical shapes/colors which I started to dislike. Their fit is very good as well, among the best I've ever worn. Their prices continue to rise as they evolve their materials and designs. just have to weigh out if you feel the high quality is worth the price tag. If you can justify the cost, you will certainly be happy with their products.

That video was straight weird.

beeatnik
09-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Brand ambassador(ing) is straight weird.

On the Mean Streets of LA, I have a close association with a local brand and yet I wear what I want when I want depending on conditions and circumstances (laundry day, weather, etc).

As for quality, there are less than 5 brands in the ultra premium space and MAAP isn't one of them. Interesting thing about cycling apparel, the low end and the high end have the highest concentrations of uninformed users. So many guys on the low end can't imagine a spending over $100 on bibs and so many gals on the high end can't imagine not wearing what their friends wear regardless of the quality (style over substance for sure).

IJWS
09-28-2019, 01:40 PM
:hello:

On the Mean Streets of LA, I have a close association with a local brand and yet I wear what I want when I want depending on conditions and circumstances (laundry day, weather, etc).

As for quality, there are less than 5 brands in the ultra premium space and MAAP isn't one of them. Interesting thing about cycling apparel, the low end and the high end have the highest concentrations of uninformed users. So many guys on the low end can't imagine a spending over $100 on bibs and so many gals on the high end can't imagine not wearing what their friends wear regardless of the quality (style over substance for sure).

makoti
09-28-2019, 02:43 PM

so many gals on the high end can't imagine not wearing what their friends wear regardless of the quality (style over substance for sure).

Truth on the first part.
I don't think this is a woman-only issue. Plenty of guys are brand conscious peacocks.