PDA

View Full Version : teeny tiny baby boy arm warmers

cinema
09-23-2019, 08:07 PM
well fall/winter is coming and I need some new arm warmers. my ibex ones are still kicking but they are too big. my voler ones are nice. they're also too big. after 30 mins they all end up around my wrists. I am incredibly scrawny with almost no upper body muscle 5'10 130lbs. does anything exist for me out there? any of the boys have experience with womens sizing?

charliedid
09-23-2019, 08:55 PM
Rapha

Climb01742
09-23-2019, 08:56 PM
Awhile back I bought some Assos arm warmers in medium and they were suitable only for chopsticks. Always found Assos arm and knee warmers darn skinny. Maybe a Euro brand might have very small size smalls? Just a thought.

GOTHBROOKS
09-23-2019, 09:11 PM
surely you can take your preexisting warmers to your local tailor/seamstress and get them taken in?

gbcoupe
09-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Maybe try some merino wool socks with the toe cut off?
Can be washed in warm water to shrink them a bit if needed.
After I wore out a pair, I jokingly said to my wife I was going to use them as arm warmers. Damn if they don't work.

rwsaunders
09-23-2019, 10:12 PM
Maybe try some merino wool socks with the toe cut off? Can be washed in warm water to shrink them a bit if needed. After I wore out a pair, I jokingly said to my wife I was going to use them as arm warmers. Damn if they don't work.

This...wool arm warmers washed in hot water. I had to give a pair away last year for this reason.

Veloo
09-23-2019, 10:44 PM
I find the Sportful No Rain arm warmers to be pretty tight and a bit of an effort to get on. I'm 155 lbs currently and wear a medium pair.

wombatspeed
09-23-2019, 11:25 PM
I had a pair of Sportful armwarmers. i am your height and weight. Size medium was WAY to tight. had to return them...

cinema
09-24-2019, 12:08 AM
it's the armband that always stretches out. on the ones I've used, it is made of a non-shrinking plastic rubber type material. so the actual knit part of the warmer fits fine just the band is never tight enough. the wool ibex ones have this band too same as the voler and it doesn't shrink there, or shrink enough. I guess it's a similar type band as the Rapha classic bibs I use.

I could go to the dry cleaner and see what they can do but the band itself is a certain circumference, maybe they can cut some of it out and restitch. good idea. will also look for some assos

Jaybee
09-24-2019, 10:30 AM
I've got long skinny arms too - Defeet wool has been my go to. These don't have a band, just rely on the stretchiness of the knit.

smontanaro
09-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Long sleeve jersey, then pull the sleeves up as you warm up?