PDA

View Full Version : Park bike for cruising

bathsalts
09-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Just saw the rad Haro (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=242481) in the classifieds and it reminded me that I really want a cruiser bike for the new skatepark in my neck of the woods. I have no idea what to look for or what will work so maybe I could describe the type of riding I want to do. I’d like something that rolls easy and allows me to carve snake runs and bowls. I might want to do sick jumps but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I’m currently on a short travel full suspension 29’er and know my way around mtb’s. I honestly don’t know the first thing about cement park bikes so any advice is appreciated.

Ken Robb
09-18-2019, 10:44 PM
I can't wait to see if ANY of the old gang knows anything about this! :)

doomridesout
09-18-2019, 11:37 PM
I'm told Sunday is the deal if you want straight-up BMX to shred with. I am a crappy roadie who can offer no input other than hearsay.

Username rips btw.

quickfeet
09-19-2019, 06:07 AM
Bmx is how I started in the sport and I still loosely follow along with it to feel young lol.

Sunday is definitely a great brand for completes, as is subrosa, fit, and a brand called stolen (which is a terrible name in my opinion). These all seem to be carried by the bike shops that are really into bmx. Gt and Haro are still around but seem to be the bikes that retailers that are riding off nostalgia carry.

After that you can get down the rabbit hole of building something frame up and USA brands FBM, S&M (I know), and Standard Bykes(not miss-spelled) are all great options.

The best complete bikes are around 1k and would be more than enough to handle snake runs and carving, a frame up could be as much as 2k+ if you gt crazy.

bathsalts
09-19-2019, 09:54 AM
I'm told Sunday is the deal if you want straight-up BMX to shred with. I am a crappy roadie who can offer no input other than hearsay.

Username rips btw.

Thanks, I didn't think anyone would get it around here. I'll check out Sunday.