PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding shipping rooftop bike trays

phoenix
09-17-2019, 01:16 PM
I have two NIB Thule Circuit bike carriers I want to sell. I want to offer them for sale in our Classified section, however I’m wondering about shipping.

Does anyone know if I can just slap a shipping label onto the original box and call it good? Or, if I sell them both to the same person, can I tape the two boxes together and just attach a shipping label? Or, do they need to go into a separate box for shipping?

I feel like I’ve seen stuff like this ship with a label on the original box.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Mark McM
09-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Obviously, it depends on the robustness of the original product box. But I report that I bought a pair of roof top bike trays from a company in Italy, which were shipped to the US. in their original product boxes. The two boxes were strapped together with plastic straps, and then combination was wrapped in shrink wrap (the two boxes weren't even the same size), with the shipping label affixed to the shrink warp. They survived the trans-Atlantic trip just fine.

If the product boxes are sturdy enough, then you're probably fine taping the boxes shut firmly, and/or wrapping the box in plastic.