PDA

View Full Version : Neiman-Marcus cookie Recipe

lemondsteel
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Received from a friend! Hope this hasn't been posted already and it is what it implies.

Enjoy!

THIS IS A TRUE STORY! This is really GREAT!!!!

I love a woman who has taken REVENGE to a higher level. We don't get mad, We get even! Hell hath no fury...........
My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Café in Dallas, and we decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us
are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus cookie." It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe, and the
waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not, but you can buy the recipe."
Well, I asked how much, and she responded, "Only two fifty-it's a great deal!"

I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my tab. Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus charge was $285.00! I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe-$250.00". That was outrageous! I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress said it was "two fifty", which clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money because, according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this point."

I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes which govern fraud in the state of Texas. I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back."

I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see to it that every
cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus...for free. She replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this."
I said, "Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you ripped me off!" and slammed down the phone.

So here it is! Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want
Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this recipe.

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved for a smaller batch)
2 cups butter
24 oz. chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1- 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the
butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with
flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey
Bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie
sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

PLEASE READ THE RECIPE AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS! THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC!! Even if the people on your E-mail list don't eat sweets send it to them and ask them to pass it on. Let's make sure we get this lady's $250.00 worth.

Enjoy the cookies, they are good !

Bruce K
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Good on you! :banana: :banana: :banana:

You would think they would understand customer service, but clearly, "Needless-Markups" doesn't care about 1 customer who balks at big ticket pricing. You want it, you pay. that seems to be their bottom line.

My wife is very excited by this and is already planning to send it out to all her freinds who bake.

BK

PS - I do like their Christmas catalog. It makes for fun wishing.

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2006, 08:49 AM
. . . and what a PITA store that I would never shop at!

I'm sure ALL of my friends will enjoy this recipe! ;)

BBD

92degrees
12-22-2006, 08:50 AM
This has been around for years and years. Folklore.

CNY rider
12-22-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah, debunked many years ago.

RABikes2
12-22-2006, 09:02 AM
+1
The story is total spam.

92degrees
12-22-2006, 09:03 AM
The cookies sound good, though...

William
12-22-2006, 09:04 AM

Aww come on. I was thinking he was sticking it to the man...then you burst my bubble. :crap:

;)

Try these guys on for size:

http://erdgeist.org/fnord/news/speeding.jpg

William

paulh
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Is probably about when I first heard about this. Only then it was Mrs. Fields cookies.

fierte_poser
12-22-2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp

Bruce K
12-22-2006, 09:26 AM
I feel so used..... :crap:

I guess it lives on because it sounds like something N-M might do.

And I am not usually a corporate bashing type of guy.

BK

lemondsteel
12-22-2006, 09:30 AM
for what it's worth, I bake cookies for the jersey pocket when riding. If it's good use it! Thought there would be some benefit to forum members.

Merry Christmas! Joe S

RABikes2
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
for what it's worth, I bake cookies for the jersey pocket when riding. If it's good use it! Thought there would be some benefit to forum members.Merry Christmas! Joe S
Hey Joe, it was spam, but I still printed the recipe so I could share it with my Mom, and also give them a try myself! ;) Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you, too.
RA :D

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
. . . and enjoyed it so much I wanted to share the delicious ride qualities with my friends. So I called Serotta Andrew and asked him if I could purchase the recipe. He told me that it's FREE! All I have to do is have my friends go to a Serotta dealer and they can go for a ride!

No free cookies, though . . . :(

BBD

deechee
12-22-2006, 10:48 AM
thats' not the recipe - this is the recipe I've been using for years. I can't imagine cookies before the silicone mat. Which I seem to have LOST... damnit (been looking for it for weeks)

The (Modified) Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makes 24-30 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
2 cups brown sugar
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 eggs
4 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3½ cups flour
3 tsp instant espresso powder <--that's the secret
16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (Nestle)
1-2 Tbsp milk or sour cream

1. Cream the butter with sugars (brown and granulated) until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Add/beat into butter mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and milk/sour cream. Note: This keeps
the cookies moist.
5. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (or use a
Silpat mat). Note: Use cold dough on room temp cookie sheet to
prevent burning.
6. Bake at 375ºF for 8-10 min for soft cookies, 10-12 min for a
crisper cookie.

PanTerra
12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Lemondsteel,

I just got this in my inbox, seems like a great opportunity and wanted to pass it along.

MANAGERNational Bank of Dubai
Umm Al Quwain Branch
Shaikh Faisal Street U.A.E
Email:mohd40s@graffiti.net

Dear Friend,

I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business proposal, I Got your e-mail address in Internet while browsing after I decided to contact you and ask for your assistance in this urgent matter, requiring trust and confidentiality,

I am Mr. Salim Mohd Ahmed, the Branch manager, National Bank of Dubai Umm Al Quwain Branch UNITTED ARAB EMIRATES, married with four children. I am writing this letter to ask for your support and co-operation to carry out this business opportunity in my department.

On June 6, 1999, an America Oil consultant/contractor with Petroleum Corporation, Mr. David Ameeraly, made a numbered time (fixed) deposit for twelve calendar months, Valued at US$16,500,000.00(sixteen Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars )in my branch upon maturity.I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Petroleum Corporation, that Mr. David Ameeraly, died in the plane crash On October 31, 1999, (an Egyptian Boeing 767 Flight 990) with other passengers on board as you can confirm it yourself via the website below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/11/01/iran/main49778.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/11/01/iran/main49778.shtml

On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL and attempts to trace his next of kin were fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. David Ameeraly. did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents, including his bank deposit paperwork in my bank. This sum of US$16,500,000.00
and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it According to UNITTED ARAB EMIRATES LAW, at the expiration of (seven) years; the money will revert to the ownership of the UNITTED ARAB EMIRATES Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

my proposal is that I will like you to stand as the next of kin to Mr. David Ameeraly, so that the fruit of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt Government officials. This is simple, I will like you to provide immediately your full name and address so that I can forward to you the contact of our bank Attorney for the prepare the necessary documents and affidavits which will put you in place as the next of kin. Any bank account in any part of the world, which you will provide, will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin.

The money will be paid into your account for us to share in ratio of 60% for me and 30% for you and 10 % will be set aside for expenses incured during the business. There is no risk at all;

The paperwork for this transaction will be done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately via the private email address below, upon your responses, I shall provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand the transaction.
Please observe utmost confidentiality and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Please upon the receipt of this mail message, send to me the following to enable me start the processing the transfer,

1.Your Full Name.

2.Your House Address.

3.Your Phone Number and Fax,

Thanks And God Bless You.

Sincerely

MANAGERNational Bank of Dubai
Umm Al Quwain Branch
Shaikh Faisal Street U.A.E
Email:mohd40s@graffiti.net

:banana:

dirtdigger88
12-22-2006, 11:25 AM
better cookies here :cool:

http://recipes.marijuana.com/list.php?pagenum=0&categoryid=8

Jason

William
12-22-2006, 11:31 AM

Jason

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Barney-Miller-tv-s02.jpg

SGP
12-22-2006, 12:25 PM
the best TV show ever

39cross
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM
The recipe is actually on the NM website. Check it out: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/service/nm_cookie_recipe.jhtml

(Hey Bruce, I'm stopping by for a couple cookies, let me know when they're ready!)

An urban myth is a modern folk tale, its origins unknown, its believability enhanced simply by the frequency with which it is repeated. Our signature chocolate chip cookie is the subject of one such myth. If you haven't heard the story, we won't perpetuate it here. If you have, the recipe below should serve to refute it. Copy it, print it out, pass it along to friends and family. It's a terrific recipe. And it's absolutely free.

Ingredients

# 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
# 1 cup light brown sugar
# 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
# 1 large egg
# 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
# 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
# 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
# 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
# 1/2 teaspoon salt
# 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
# 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)

2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.

4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

Yield: 2 dozen cookies

Kevan
12-22-2006, 07:02 PM
thats' not the recipe - this is the recipe I've been using for years. I can't imagine cookies before the silicone mat. Which I seem to have LOST... damnit (been looking for it for weeks)

you forgot the walnuts!

IXXI
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM

Jason

how long do you bake after the cookies are done?

Serotta_Andrew
12-22-2006, 07:23 PM
. . . and enjoyed it so much I wanted to share the delicious ride qualities with my friends. So I called Serotta Andrew and asked him if I could purchase the recipe. He told me that it's FREE! All I have to do is have my friends go to a Serotta dealer and they can go for a ride!

No free cookies, though . . . :(

BBD

BBD, you miss understood what I said.... i said the people in the factory eat all the cookies!!!!! this is the reason they make such great frames!!!!