PDA

View Full Version : Tariffs on bike parts from eBay seller in China?

Gsinill
09-13-2019, 08:03 PM
Yes/no?
Anybody recently bought something from CN?

RobJ
09-13-2019, 08:07 PM
I was looking at something on eBay the other day from a private seller in the UK. Went to make an offer when i saw in the offer panel an import charge or titled something similar of around 15% of the value of the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Jays
09-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Whatever bicycle parts an eBay seller in China is selling, there must be easier ways to obtain them nearby.

jc031699
09-14-2019, 06:47 AM
Yes/no?

Anybody recently bought something from CN?

Interesting, I think many have already adjusted their shipping practices. The most recent two minor eBay purchases were shipped through reshippers, Orangeconnect and through Germany (!).

tuscanyswe
09-14-2019, 07:30 AM
I was looking at something on eBay the other day from a private seller in the UK. Went to make an offer when i saw in the offer panel an import charge or titled something similar of around 15% of the value of the item.

Isent the free import range something like up to 700 usd. Anything over that should be taxed with whatever % US has. Remember reading the limit was 700-ish for US a few years back.

Lots of items over this limit would still go through customs with no tax charged to the buyer but not if bought on ebay as its ebay who claims the tax in this case. Wether or not they send it directly to customs or they only do that if the item is subjected to an actual taxation when entering US or not i dont know.

Same here in sweden. If i buy something from usa privately its usually a customs fee these days but if bought on ebay its 100% a custom / import fee every time if the shipper use ebay global shipping program (which is why im not a big fan of that option).

Spoker
09-14-2019, 07:39 AM
Rim and hub "normal" service from China.

CAAD
09-14-2019, 08:40 AM
I just got my wheels from farsports a couple weeks ago. Located in China. Shipping was fast and no issues or surprises from customs.