PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Greeting (As approved by my lawyer)

MallyG
12-20-2006, 08:56 AM
I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to you all, but it is so
difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending
someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday and on the basis of his advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for
an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
nonaddictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter/summer solstice
holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious
persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the
religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice
not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally
accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the
calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society
have helped make our country great (not to imply that it is necessarily
greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed,
color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the
wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no
promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to
perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a
period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish
or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

Love (in a fraternal, end-of-greeting kind of way)

Malc x :fight: :fight:

Kevan
12-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Santa's a rider.

Climb01742
12-20-2006, 09:34 AM
but, mally, was your lawyer wearing one of those white wig things english lawyers seem to wear with just a bit too much enjoyment?

that aside, seasonal greetings to you and your family. and congrats on surviving one more year doing the crazy business we're in.

ps: what the heck is up with arsenal? "inconsistent" would barely cover their ups and downs.

Ahneida Ride
12-20-2006, 09:41 AM
I'll say it ...

Merry Christmas !!!!

znfdl
12-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; :fight: :fight:

Atleast you did not anger the Druids :D

PanTerra
12-20-2006, 09:55 AM
...celebration of the winter/summer solstice
holiday,

Uh oh, time to get a new lawyer for letting that pagan reference through and risking offending non pagans. :crap:

djg
12-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, ok I guess, but you seem to be slighting those of us for whom "gender neutral" means that it's not really a celebration, nu?

MallyG
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
but, mally, was your lawyer wearing one of those white wig things english lawyers seem to wear with just a bit too much enjoyment?

that aside, seasonal greetings to you and your family. and congrats on surviving one more year doing the crazy business we're in.

ps: what the heck is up with arsenal? "inconsistent" would barely cover their ups and downs.

Hey Climb, have a great Christmas and a Happy and safe 2007.
Arsenal slaughtered us a few weeks back, but - you're right - something isn't quiite right at the Emirates Stadium (haven't been there yet but I hear it's incredible!)

And so to the end of another crazy year in our mad industry. The watchword over here for 2007 is 'Integration', and we're in the midst of building our digital offering in readiness for the revolution!

Been a quiet year for cycling, hampered by injury which resulted in a knee op a few weeks ago. Still, a ride in Sardinia beckons in the spring...

Sounds like you had a memorable year.. may your happiness continue into the next.

Malc

MallyG
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, ok I guess, but you seem to be slighting those of us for whom "gender neutral" means that it's not really a celebration, nu?

Sorry, no sleight intended. Still, I knew I'd offend someone. Nu? :crap:

Climb01742
12-20-2006, 01:21 PM
The watchword over here for 2007 is 'Integration', and we're in the midst of building our digital offering in readiness for the revolution!

Been a quiet year for cycling, hampered by injury which resulted in a knee op a few weeks ago.

very sorry to hear about the injury. hope the rehab goes smoothly and quickly.

funny, we're trying to build our digital capability too. only problem is, what the heck do you build? the digital landscape is changing so quickly, by the time the people are in place, their skills could be obsolete. example: who saw youtube coming? in 18 months, what will the new youtube be? saw an article today about google's "checkout". on one level, it's meant to compete with paypal. but what it really is...is yet one more place where google can sell ads. what a landscape to try to navigate.

djg
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry, no sleight intended. Still, I knew I'd offend someone. Nu? :crap:

You and your attorney shall hear from my people. Wait a minute...it may be that you are my people. Now I'm confused.

Sandy
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
You and your attorney shall hear from my people. Wait a minute...it may be that you are my people. Now I'm confused.

I am probably one of your people. Does this scare you??

Sandy

MallyG
12-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Hey, I just realised that if you remove the last letter from 'sleight', you get 'sleigh'. Spookily seasonal. And if you remove the final letter from 'dreidl', you get 'dreid', which is even more confusing... Still Chanukah Sameach to go with all the other greetings...

Kevan
12-20-2006, 02:11 PM
run.

Sandy
12-20-2006, 02:18 PM
run.

I tried that with you. I ran. Then I ran some more. Then I ran a lot more. I ran and ran and ran and ran. Then I hid. It didn't work....How did you find me??? :rolleyes:

S A N D Y

Sandy
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I wanted to read your post. But I couldn't. My lawyer advised against it. :)

Sorry Sandy

Ginger
12-20-2006, 02:29 PM
.... The watchword over here for 2007 is 'Integration', and we're in the midst of building our digital offering in readiness for the revolution!

Been a quiet year for cycling, hampered by injury which resulted in a knee op a few weeks ago. Still, a ride in Sardinia beckons in the spring...

Sounds like you had a memorable year.. may your happiness continue into the next.

Malc

I'm on the other side of the wall...but get a new watchword. "Integration" suggests that it doesn't work immediately with everything...needs work to work.

I've been trying to come up with the next buzz word...I've got the phrase for the corporate products but...nothing with snap.

Sorry to hear about the knee, good timing though. Depending on the surgery you should be back to training in 8-10 weeks. Good luck!

Happy Holidays one and all!

Mary Ann

MallyG
12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
....Sorry to hear about the knee, good timing though. Depending on the surgery you should be back to training in 8-10 weeks. Good luck!

Happy Holidays one and all!

Mary Ann

Thanks Ginger. All the very best for 2007

William
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
;)

djg
12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
run.

I haven't the vaguest idea why you would say this, although, inexplicably, in my mind's eye is the image of Geena Davis saying "be afraid...be very afraid."

MallyG
12-21-2006, 03:15 AM
I haven't the vaguest idea why you would say this, although, inexplicably, in my mind's eye is the image of Geena Davis saying "be afraid...be very afraid."

I was slightly bemused by the comment as well... although in the spirit of my original post, I did my best not to be offended.

shinomaster
12-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Why do I feel offended? This thread sucks..

stevep
12-21-2006, 06:32 AM
im offended by this.
im sueing you mallyg,
i coulda been riding my bike instead of reading this
s

djg
12-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Why do I feel offended? This thread sucks..

Everyone's a critic, eh? And sensitive. Still, I wish you all the best, as I do for Mally G (who started this post quite well, and not just with the best of intentions--chag sameach, and may you have a healthy and cycling-friendly new year) ... heck, happy holidays to the lot of ya.

Elefantino
12-21-2006, 06:40 AM
For some people, this is not a holiday season for which to be greeted. It is simply December. In Brazil, they are wearing thongs. Koalas are molting in Australia. There are 19 hours of daylight in the Falklands. American fly fishermen are crawling all over Bariloche.

One may say "good wishes," but that implies that the receiver believes in wishes. "May no harm come to you" does not take into account masochism. "Have a nice day" excludes vampires and some teenagers.

Therefore, the universal, non-holiday specific, non-denominational, non-exclusionary greeting for this or any other time is:

Yo.

Ray
12-21-2006, 07:09 AM
For some people, this is not a holiday season for which to be greeted. It is simply December. In Brazil, they are wearing thongs.....

Therefore, the universal, non-holiday specific, non-denominational, non-exclusionary greeting for this or any other time is:

Yo.
Yo!

How is it not a holiday when they're wearing thongs in Brazil?!?!? Have you ever BEEN to Brazil when they're wearing thongs? I don't believe in any particular story of any particular deity, but seeing some of those Brazilian women in thongs is evidence enough of SOME kind of God.

Sorry if that sounds sexist, but I didn't post any pictures and that's the way I swing.

-Ray

Kevin
12-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanaka, Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

Kevin

Elefantino
12-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Yo!

How is it not a holiday when they're wearing thongs in Brazil?!?!? Have you ever BEEN to Brazil when they're wearing thongs? I don't believe in any particular story of any particular deity, but seeing some of those Brazilian women in thongs is evidence enough of SOME kind of God.

Sorry if that sounds sexist, but I didn't post any pictures and that's the way I swing.

-Ray

http://whvcmt.warnerbros.com/WHV_MARS/thumbnail.jsp?assetID=730260

MallyG
12-21-2006, 01:34 PM

Yo.

Does that mean Santa should change 'Ho, Ho, Ho' to 'Yo, Yo, Yo'?

Just a thought...

Elefantino
12-22-2006, 04:47 AM
http://winnipegsun.com/Entertainment/MovieReviews/2006/12/20/winsunRocky200.jpg

Absolutely.

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Penguins inhabit the South Pole. Polar bears inhabit the North Pole. The two species are exclusive.

I am highly offended by your miscagination of the species during this sacred holiday season.

You will hear from my lawyer, who is not nearly as warm and fuzzy as MallyG's lawyer.

Oh, and BTW, Merry Christmas to all! :fight:

BBD