PDA

View Full Version : Rapha classic bibs

cinema
08-27-2019, 09:16 AM
I see they no longer sell the original classic bibs. does anyone know if the new ones, classic II, are still lifetime warranty and made in Italy? any comparisons from those who have tried both?

R3awak3n
08-27-2019, 09:41 AM
I see they no longer sell the original classic bibs. does anyone know if the new ones, classic II, are still lifetime warranty and made in Italy? any comparisons from those who have tried both?

Might be made in Portugal so even better than the old ones. On the real, I am not sure where they are made but I know rapha has a lot of stuff that is made in Portugal right now, a lot of brands do. Not sure if any rapha is lifetime warranty per say but every time any of my rapha gear has had problems (chamois coming undone on a couple bibs), they just sent me a gift certificate for whatever the replacement costs. They have been good like that.

Also, I think pro team stuff is better than classic when it comes to bibs. I like the classic but pro team is better imho.

charliedid
08-27-2019, 09:44 AM
Made in Italy I like them better than orig. not sure about warranty. Might run a touch larger but that's okay. I'm thin 5'11" and wear a Medium just fine. I could almost wear a Small but don't like super compressive/tight bibs. Straps and waist fit great IMO

Ttx1
08-27-2019, 09:47 AM

I've used both. Not sure about where the newer version is produced.

I think the original version has a huge tag in a radio pouch with a Rapha inside story, which was eliminated in the newer version. I want to say that the original version feels slightly better. I'll say @ 3% better.

Hard to quantify or articulate the differences, other than the pouch/tag, they are very close.

cderalow
08-27-2019, 09:52 AM
own both.

my two sets of classic 2 bibs are both italian made, but my classic 2 jersey is portuguese.

fit is ever so slightly larger than the classic ones for me. 6', 180 wearing a large.

agree the only difference i note is the tag inside the back pouch (what the hell is that even for?)

the classic 2 seem to dry a little faster chammy wise, but otherwise feel the same to my :butt:

pasadena
08-27-2019, 04:21 PM
agree the only difference i note is the tag inside the back pouch (what the hell is that even for?)

I have a pair of Classic bibs but I don't believe it has a radio pocket.
All the proteam bibs do, with the patch stitched in w/ some type of interesting quote or story.

All the jerseys do too, inside the zipper pocket that acts as a sweat resistance/reinforcement against keys or whatever you put in there.
I always thought it was pretty cool.