PDA

View Full Version : Apple/iOS Users - posting images

RobJ
08-25-2019, 11:44 AM
I know there has to be an easier way to post images here from Apple mobile devices; phone and iPad. For the desktop I have been using Imgur with no problems. Upload the file, get its BBcode link and paste that into my posting.

But from the mobile side the Imgur app is horrific and doesn't have the same capabilities. So how are people going direct from Apple Photos to Tapatalk to post photos here? I even played around with Google Photos but that only provides an http link, not the one for BBcode and inline images. Thanks.

fa63
08-25-2019, 11:48 AM
Do you use Tapatalk? The app makes it super easy to upload images in your gallery straight to the forum.

VTR1000SP2
08-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Do you use Tapatalk? The app makes it super easy to upload images in your gallery straight to the forum.

Tapatalk image uploads haven’t worked for me in a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobJ
08-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Yes I do

duff_duffy
08-25-2019, 12:24 PM
For the iPhone just screenshot the image and uplaod

RobJ
08-25-2019, 12:37 PM
uh yea nevermind.... lost my mind for a minute there

sitzmark
08-25-2019, 03:16 PM
Or use the attach icon (paper clip in image above) in browser view and upload photos selected from phone/iCloud. Icon will take you to manage uploads.

Spaghetti Legs
08-25-2019, 03:49 PM
I’m an iPad and Mac user. I’m unable to load photos directly because of file size. I use Flickr and on the iPad when I drag the BB code link it opens a new tab. I then copy the web address of that tab and paste it into my post and voila!, image embedded.

I used to be able to drag the link directly from Flickr into:the post, but something changed and now the tab option above is what I do.

duff_duffy
08-25-2019, 04:00 PM
I get the file size too large when I do it this way with original image. If I screenshot it first then I can upload. Takes about 2 seconds.

Or use the attach icon (paper clip in image above) in browser view and upload photos selected from phone/iCloud. Icon will take you to manage uploads.

fmradio516
08-25-2019, 04:13 PM

Wow I had no idea that was there. Ive always uploaded to imgur...