PDA

View Full Version : Ripped Off!

guyintense
12-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Did anyone else get ripped off by Livetoride? I know he sold a bunch of stuff here, probably bought some too. I mailed him a check for $80 for a set of Record pro-fit plus pedals a month ago and haven't heard from him since November 27th when he said he couldn't find the pedals and would send me a refund. I tried to contact him through this forum and through his email address, rideonjeff@yahoo.com to no avail. Here's his address, maybe someone who lives in the area could drive by and see if he's OK:
Jeff Jacobson
4024 Hollow Wood Ct.
Carmichael, Ca. 95608
Wouldn't that be great, knock on his door and say" Hey Jeff, where's the 80 bucks you owe me?"

Smiley
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I hope he honors his word as I have too many times sent a check for goods to forum buddies and gotten the product as promised. That's what makes our classified section so good. I must add that I too have sold stuff here based on peoples good word.

Lanternrouge
12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
If you have not done so already, a phone call may be quite effective. Did he immediately deposit the check?

Sandy
12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
I have a lot of trust in many who buy and/or sell here or who simply post in other areas of the forum. I hope that the above issue gets settled reasonably. I don't like to see that, especially on the forum.

Sandy

Frankwurst
12-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I hope he honors his word as I have too many times sent a check for goods to forum buddies and gotten the product as promised. That's what makes our classified section so good. I must add that i too havesold stuff here based on peoples good word.

I agree. My Dad always said "Your word is your bond". I live by that, sometimes to my loss or misfortune, never here I might add, but I still feel good about myself and that has to be worth something. Good luck recovering what is yours. :beer:

Sandy
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree. My Dad always said "Your word is your bond". I live by that, sometimes to my loss or misfortune, never here I might add, but I still feel good about myself and that has to be worth something. Good luck recovering what is yours. :beer:

My dad never said it, but he surely practiced it.

Sandy

Lifelover
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Did anyone else get ripped off by Livetoride? I know he sold a bunch of stuff here, probably bought some too. I mailed him a check for $80 for a set of Record pro-fit plus pedals a month ago and haven't heard from him since November 27th when he said he couldn't find the pedals and would send me a refund. I tried to contact him through this forum and through his email address, rideonjeff@yahoo.com to no avail. Here's his address, maybe someone who lives in the area could drive by and see if he's OK:
Jeff ....
Wouldn't that be great, knock on his door and say" Hey Jeff, where's the 80 bucks you owe me?"

While I would be bummed about the deal, IMO it is in poor taste to post his full name and address.

Ken Robb
12-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't think we can know TOO much about crooks.

Lifelover
12-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't think we can know TOO much about crooks.
Quick Trigger finger. It just seems very unlikely that a member that appears to have multiple successful sales on the forum decided to run off with $80.00.

Pretty lame that he is not responding to the emails but unlikely he all the sudden became a crook.

Assuming the check was even cashed?

Frankwurst
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Quick Trigger finger. It just seems very unlikely that a member that appears to have multiple successful sales on the forum decided to run off with $80.00.

Pretty lame that he is not responding to the emails but unlikely he all the sudden became a crook.

Assuming the check was even cashed?

Jeff now has a chance to step forward and redeem himself IMHO. 11/27 goes back aways. :beer:

AgilisMerlin
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
quite the CROOKERY, we have here

1 result for: crookery

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
crook·er·y (krk'ə-rē) Pronunciation Key
n. Dishonest practices, as in business or politics.

amerliN

Lifelover
12-19-2006, 06:04 PM
holier-than-thou

ho·li·er-than-thou (hl-r-n-ou)
adj.
Exhibiting an attitude of superior virtue; self-righteously pious. :banana:

AgilisMerlin
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
It is just my omnipotency spilling out of the glass

4 results for: omnipotent

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
om·nip·o·tent /ɒmˈnɪpətənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[om-nip-uh-tuhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. almighty or infinite in power, as God.
2. having very great or unlimited authority or power.
–noun
3. an omnipotent being.
4. the Omnipotent, God.

AmerliN

Fixed
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I got something from him ,he is a little slow to ship but i got my order from him.
cheers
i have some shimano pedals for free if anyone needs them .
cheers

Frankwurst
12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Looks like Fixed is back.....How cool is that! :beer:

Lincoln
12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
I bought some shoes from him about 3 weeks ago. I sent greenbacks and got the shoes in a timely fashion.

dave thompson
12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I've done business with Jeff, one time, with good results.

Lincoln
12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Looks like Fixed is back.....How cool is that! :beer:

Way cool. And he's about to hit the 5k mark (but will he change his handle?).

Kevin
12-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Jeff Jacobson
4024 Hollow Wood Ct.
Carmichael, Ca. 95608

Reverse look up has a different person at that address.

Kitty Baughman
4024 Hollow Wood Ct
Carmichael, CA 95608-1638
(916) 480-9889

Kitty appears to have the following business:

Total Beauty Experience by Kitty Baughman
2929 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95825
Tel: (916) 971-1121

Kevin

orbea65
12-19-2006, 07:04 PM
lol, I'm sure Kitty will be happy to have her name and phone number posted here!

guyintense
12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
If you have not done so already, a phone call may be quite effective. Did he immediately deposit the check?

I did try to call him but he has an unlisted number, and yes he did cash the check immediately.
Hey, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, stuff happens, but how patient is one expected to be. I think the worst part is going to the mail box every day for the last three weeks hoping for a box of pedals or a check.

Kevin
12-19-2006, 07:15 PM
There is a Jeff Jacobson listed a few miles from the address you were given:

Jeff Jacobson
4434 Kewanee St
Fair Oaks, CA 95628-6218
(916) 967-5394

Kevin

dave thompson
12-19-2006, 07:24 PM
I have an address for Jeff in my archives that is different (in the same city and ZIP code though) from the one that guyintense posted. If guyintense would like this address, PM me and I'll send it to you.

gdw
12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I have no experience with Jeff but strongly advise against posting home addresses, especially womens, on public forums.

rwsaunders
12-19-2006, 09:53 PM
All points bulletin.

rePhil
12-20-2006, 07:12 AM
I am in the "process" of selling an item to a fellow forumite. I coerced my wife to take the package to the P.O. as I commute by bike and didn't want to take the day off of riding. Well, many of us know about good itentions. What I think happened is that though she specified Priority the sweet old semi retired clerk though she would save my wife money by sending it parcel post instead after she found out it wasn't a Christmas present. To top things off the tracking number is invalid. I am frustrated, and totally understand if the person on the other side of the deal is as well but hope for a happy ending.

Sometimes things happen, but there are very few good reasons to not communicate, especially after money has changed hands.

I do agree with not publicly posting addresses,especially female when there is no mention of them in the deal.

ti_boi
12-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I second (or third) AGAINST the posting of personal information on a forum...the results of this can be horrendous.

Keith A
12-20-2006, 08:59 AM
I have an address for Jeff in my archives that is different (in the same city and ZIP code though) from the one that guyintense posted. If guyintense would like this address, PM me and I'll send it to you.I would think that guyintense has a good address since the seller received the check and cashed. Unless the check was cashed by another person.

djg
12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
I would think that guyintense has a good address since the seller received the check and cashed. Unless the check was cashed by another person.

Ya never know. I've not had dealings with either of these folks, but I had a bit of a hassle with an e-bay purchase in the fall, because the seller listed money orders as an acceptable form of payment, but had a four-year-old address on file with e-bay. The invoice I received listed a defunct address, and it was nearly two full days after the purchase (and after payment was mailed), that I received an e-mail correction. The new residents accepted the check, but did not cash it. Less honest folks might easily have done otherwise. In the end it worked out--the seller finally agreed to retrieve the check from the folks at the old address (who turned it over to him), he sent me the wheels as advertised (used nucleons) and the deal was basically fine. He wasn't dishonest, just sloppy in his communications.

I hope the deal in this thread works out.

spierfalls
12-20-2006, 10:00 AM
While I would be bummed about the deal, IMO it is in poor taste to post his full name and address.

Absolutely print this guys name and address. I've been ripped off before on the internet and it sucks. Someone should go over to this guys house and kick his ***.

mso
12-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your rip off. I had the opposite experience with Dan Donnelly. A forumite posted some stuff and referred to Dan of Donnelly imports. I contacted him via email, verified pricing and he shipped the product with an invoice putting the trust in me. WOW..totally opposite and highly recommend Donnelly imports.

Keith A
12-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Dan is a great guy! Ships first with an invoice, an uncommon (and welcome) mode of operation in these days.

guyintense
12-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Someone should go over to this guys house and kick his ***.
Please, that's not what I wanted at all. If you notice in my original post I suggested someone should go by and see if he's OK.

Keith A
12-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Here's an interesting observation, the seller (livetoride) has only posted on the Serotta forum in the Classifieds section with most of these being posts that are selling items. Not that there is anything wrong with this, but it is something to take note of.

CarbonCycles
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Folks, it's not unheard of for a crook to ship promised goods to achieve a "good" standing with a community and then one day "hit n' run"...pesonally, karma is a b!tch. Good luck to the original poster!

Lifelover
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
... "hit n' run"...!

No question this does and could happen. But for 80 bucks! IMO if he is that desperate for cash he only need ask.

paulh
12-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Would listing names and addresses of someone be against any of the forum policies??

I'm surprised the poster has not edited the post to remove the addresses by now, but I guess once it's on the internet........

CarbonCycles
12-20-2006, 10:01 PM
No question this does and could happen. But for 80 bucks! IMO if he is that desperate for cash he only need ask.

80 bucks for 1 item maybe, but whose to say that others didnt get sucked in either? Not everyone is as vocal as the original poster.

Jeff Weir
12-21-2006, 07:17 AM
A little while ago I sold a saddle to a forum member. I accidentally sent it to the wrong address and was returned to me by USPS. I reshipped and he got the saddle, finally! The entire process, from start to finish took a month.

Stuff happens. Hopefully, in your case, there is a mixup somewhere in the process.

Jeff

velodadi
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I can't comment on your issue with him, but I have a used pair of pro-fits I could help you with. I can't use the look-type pedals anymore, so it would be fire-sale cheap.

V

weisan
12-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Dear intense-pal, love-pal,

If you guys already resolved this offline, do send us a note, so dear folks here can stop speculating, we can get into a group hug & move on....it's Christmas!!!

Appreciate it. :p

weisan