PDA

View Full Version : Finicky Di2 connection

Cornfed
08-15-2019, 10:45 AM
The seat tube connection to my battery is constantly disconnecting with any little jiggle or jolt. As this is on my gravel bike, obviously this is an issue. I've tried electrical tape, but no luck. Glue? Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it. Thanks in advance.

stien
08-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a worn out connector. It's hard to tell which part you're talking about from your post. Have you tried a new cable?

oldpotatoe
08-15-2019, 11:14 AM
The seat tube connection to my battery is constantly disconnecting with any little jiggle or jolt. As this is on my gravel bike, obviously this is an issue. I've tried electrical tape, but no luck. Glue? Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it. Thanks in advance.

Should 'click' in and be very secure. If it's not, it's either the cable or the battery end..Try a different cable to see if it 'clicks' in..if it doesn't, it's the battery side. Use to tool?

Look585
08-15-2019, 11:19 AM
The first time I installed a seatpost battery I had this problem. The click is *very* firm and using the tool is best. Give is a solid push with the tool and you will likely find that it wasn't seated properly. There is definitely an intermediate position that will lightly connect but not be reliable.

Cornfed
08-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Good advice, everyone. I will try all options before springing for a new cable. Thanks!