PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful story: Gift of a bicycle for refugee girl

Ciavete
08-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Nice to read of the power of a simple act of kindness toward a refugee:https://nyti.ms/2P5ijqy

“I was a refugee for 5 yrs in the 90s and this man, who worked at a refugee camp near Zwolle in the Netherlands, out of the kindness of his own heart bought me a bike. My five year old heart exploded with joy.”

bikinchris
08-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Nice to read of the power of a simple act of kindness toward a refugee:https://nyti.ms/2P5ijqy

“I was a refugee for 5 yrs in the 90s and this man, who worked at a refugee camp near Zwolle in the Netherlands, out of the kindness of his own heart bought me a bike. My five year old heart exploded with joy.”

Helping others feels good.

GonaSovereign
08-15-2019, 06:11 AM
Nice one.
Doing good always pays dividends. Often you don’t see the payoff, so this one is particularly nice.

charliedid
08-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Just read that and was going to post.

Thanks for doing so.

redir
08-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Good story indeed, the world is most certainly a better place with kindness.

Doug Fattic
08-15-2019, 10:05 AM
The thing that struck me about this story was that it was more than just a very nice gift enabling her to have fun but that it made her feel valuable as a person who had lost her sense of identity as a refugee. It empowered her from the time she was 5 to achieve and eventually become a contributing member of society. It was a pretty powerful story.

giverdada
08-19-2019, 06:51 PM
The thing that struck me about this story was that it was more than just a very nice gift enabling her to have fun but that it made her feel valuable as a person who had lost her sense of identity as a refugee. It empowered her from the time she was 5 to achieve and eventually become a contributing member of society. It was a pretty powerful story.

This.

It is a true and profound gift to give someone a sense of their worth in this world. Such a gift could take any form, but I have heard this before, in other stories, when someone gives something that is not 'nothing', but something valuable, because the person receiving it is valued. Amazing. I love that it was a bike. I wonder if it was red...

Irishgirl
08-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Thanks for posting!!

Reading this makes the heart smile and inspires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk