PDA

View Full Version : Cbd oil for cycling pain

shankldu
08-12-2019, 02:37 PM
looking for a pain alternative ,to chemical meds , don't want thc at all just the cbd . should I get the gummies , vap pen where to buy Ca ?

Mr. Pink
08-12-2019, 02:45 PM
I use a topical balm made in Colorado, works very well, but, temporary, of course. Injesting the stuff doesn't do much for me, and CBD gummies are pretty expensive, especially compared to Advil liquid gels, my favorite, but too much of those can lead to kidney problems. So, suck it up, Nancy, and go natural.

jtbadge
08-12-2019, 02:46 PM
I use a topical balm made in Colorado, works very well, but, temporary, of course. Injesting the stuff doesn't do much for me, and CBD gummies are pretty expensive, especially compared to Advil liquid gels, my favorite, but too much of those can lead to kidney problems. So, suck it up, Nancy, and go natural.

We just talked about this. (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=241078)

Mr. Pink
08-12-2019, 02:56 PM
I know.

cmg
08-12-2019, 04:26 PM
The CBD gummies are good for getting to a restful sleep that may have not happened due to pain. It didn't relieve my knee pain but it did let have a better night of sleep.

Birddog
08-12-2019, 04:35 PM
I'm using a topical cream that was given to my wife with glowing testimonials. It didn't work for her but I seem to get some relief using it on my thumb/ wrist joint. It is from TALYONI Labs and is called cannabis sativa therapeutic pain relief.

shankldu
08-13-2019, 02:03 PM
That's great , a guy whose user name is mr pink , calling me Nancy , how ironic.

shankldu
08-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Decided to grow some personal weed and grind in coffee grinder, and brew into tea , works very well , just drank some .

dgauthier
08-14-2019, 03:41 AM
The beneficial effects of CBD are real, but they are "chemical meds" just like anything else.

What sort of pain do you have? I would respectfully submit you should not accept pain as an inevitable part of cycling. If everything is as it should be, you should be able to ride for hours and hop off your bike feeling fresh as a daisy. (Or maybe a tired daisy...)

Have you had a fitting? A bike fitting can put you in the most efficient and comfortable position, and/or alleviate stress on any chronic injuries. Are you giving yourself enough rest between rides?

If you're feeling so much pain you want relief, don't medicate it. Eliminate the cause.

oldpotatoe
08-14-2019, 06:26 AM
That's great , a guy whose user name is mr pink , calling me Nancy , how ironic.

Under his name, 'slower than you'..yup, sure is...:)

BTW-I did a anecdotal test using Lidocaine roll-on, a product called 'Sore No More' and a CBD creme on my wonky wrist/thumb ..and the CBD was the most effective by far..

Moorecw
08-14-2019, 07:20 AM
Been using CBD gel caps and topical cream for over 2 years for aches and pains.

phoenix
08-14-2019, 09:56 AM
Decided to grow some personal weed and grind in coffee grinder, and brew into tea , works very well , just drank some .

I’m sure it does! :banana:

Monsieur Toast
08-14-2019, 10:14 AM

You went from asking what/where to buy, to growing your own and making "tea" (?!) out of it in a 48-hour span? :rolleyes:

I've used almost every day for over 20 years now. Helps me sleep at night and mellows out my brain, but I've personally had 0 luck with CBD for pain relief in multiple formats. The part about legalization that's most exciting to me is the ability to do regimented clinical studies on what does, and what does not work.

benb
08-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Since all the stuff is legal here in MA now we are starting to see a whole bunch of weird new products come up.

None of the CBD stuff seems settled by research yet... if my doctor said to try it and why because it had been proven in a study I'd listen but until then I'm wary.

I have yet to see an actual store where you can buy MJ legally as almost every town for miles and miles around banned them even though recreational use is legal now.

But in the mall we've got a new place that sells all manner of cosmetics with CBD in them. They won't sell you a vial of CBD, but they'll sell you an IcyHot type product with CBD in that they claim helps joint pain. Or a CBD infused acne medicine. Or CBD infused makeup.

It's still really hard to prove any of this stuff actually has the CBD in it that it claims it has!

I tried a bottle of water with CBD in it last year. It definitely tasted like it had something in it. but who knows if they were honest.

Mzilliox
08-14-2019, 10:42 AM
it will work if you think it will work. it wont work if you think it wont. thats seems to be the take on cbd. its a plant, so its variable.

i tend to think you are not actually getting pain relief per say, but simply a new way of thinking which may help you ignore the pain.

not enough science at all to prove one thing or another, just peoples anecdotes so far.

and how did dude here grow hemp so fast?

doomridesout
08-14-2019, 11:01 AM

I don’t think anything in cannabis is water soluble at any temp, so I’m puzzled.

Mzilliox
08-14-2019, 11:22 AM
I don’t think anything in cannabis is water soluble at any temp, so I’m puzzled.

by brew into tea, maybe they meant smoked into bowl?:help:

you wanna take some weed, go for it, its not a bad thing.

William
08-14-2019, 12:15 PM
and how did dude here grow hemp so fast?

Miracle Grow of course.

W.

benb
08-14-2019, 12:46 PM

It's definitely soluble in butter.

benb
08-14-2019, 12:47 PM
it will work if you think it will work. it wont work if you think it wont. thats seems to be the take on cbd. its a plant, so its variable.

AKA Placebo.

But I think it could easily be a real therapeutic and we just don't know what it does or what does is required yet.

They'll figure it out.

Marc40a
08-14-2019, 01:20 PM
snake oil.

93KgBike
08-14-2019, 02:58 PM
My canabidiol roll-on is supposed to help with inflammation, but putting it on reminds me to stretch, so it is hard to know whether it's the roll-on or the whole routine that helps. But I get some relief.

I do wonder if it gets absorbed through my skin. Absorption rates are not uniform on the various parts of the skin.

shankldu
08-16-2019, 03:54 PM
So i remembered that i had some that i had grown and put away , because again i dont like the head high if u will but the tea works well the relax a bit and does relieve the pain as well ,more of a body high i guess u could say. IT WORKS POINT BLANK.