PDA

View Full Version : Pedro's Tutto chain tool feedback

cyan
08-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Anyone has/tried this chain tool? Looking for feedback on how well it works on both Shimano and Campy chains (up to 11-spd).

Debating getting this or the Campy one. No doubt Campy works great on Campy chains (only), but how much worse is Pedro's on Campy chains?

cgolvin
08-12-2019, 01:13 PM
I realize I'm not answering your question, but on a related note…I was unwilling to pony up for the Campy tool and bought a Park. I've only used it on Campy chains (10 & 11 speed), am reasonably happy with it but haven't had the greatest luck seating the Campy pin. On at least one occasion I had to resort to the quick link on a new chain (normally I'd do so only after breaking to do a thorough clean).

Given the cost of the Campy tool, I'm ok with my choice. No experience with the Pedro's tool, nor with the Park tool and Shimano chains. </drift>

weiwentg
08-12-2019, 01:33 PM
I realize I'm not answering your question, but on a related note…I was unwilling to pony up for the Campy tool and bought a Park. I've only used it on Campy chains (10 & 11 speed), am reasonably happy with it but haven't had the greatest luck seating the Campy pin. On at least one occasion I had to resort to the quick link on a new chain (normally I'd do so only after breaking to do a thorough clean).

Given the cost of the Campy tool, I'm ok with my choice. No experience with the Pedro's tool, nor with the Park tool and Shimano chains. </drift>

Never had Campy 11, but I always ran C10 (Veloce) chains with a quick link. Usually KMC. Edited: given that the cog-cog spacing of 11s is similar, the chains have to be similar in width across manufacturers. I bet any 11s link would work on a Campy chain if you must stick with Campy chains.

AngryScientist
08-12-2019, 01:45 PM
yes, apologies for piling on and not answering the actual question, but i just use the park took and all KMC chains, which come with a quick link. Plus, i like gold chains :)

I used to have the campy tool, but i sold it - just wasnt interested in peening pins on more expensive chains and i just stick with KMC these days.

henrypretz
08-12-2019, 01:57 PM
To further drift ..... ...... Plus, i like gold chains There’s no way I can be the only one who immediately thought of this.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190812/87e2a4fd8a5311fd5b835d39e2fbb997.jpg

cmbicycles
08-12-2019, 02:42 PM
I have one, it works fine. I've used it on campy 11, not S11, and also on a variety of 7-10s chains. I usually reach for my park for cheaper or dirtier chains, but as a chain tool the Pedros is a decent tool IMO.

cgolvin
08-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Never had Campy 11, but I always ran C10 (Veloce) chains with a quick link. Usually KMC. Edited: given that the cog-cog spacing of 11s is similar, the chains have to be similar in width across manufacturers. I bet any 11s link would work on a Campy chain if you must stick with Campy chains.

(continued apology to the OP, fortunately there's at least one on-topic response)

I did not mean to impugn quick links, I'm a fan, it's just that using the pin is a relatively low-risk proposition and I like the aesthetics of the chain without the link.