PDA

View Full Version : Will R7000 Shifters correctly operate a mechanical disc caliper?

BRad704
08-12-2019, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking about a new frame to get disc on a winter road bike... and would hope to swap over my R7000 group from my "nice bike".
Will the R7000 calipers have the correct pull for a mechanical disc setup? Or are they totally different?
FWIW... i've tried searching for this info already and I can't find a solid answer...

OK, even more searching... and found this on BikeRadar.

"The ST-R7000 shifters are for rim brakes or cable-actuated disc brakes. We have a pair of these in and each shifter weighs 238g."

Look585
08-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Yes, they work with cable discs. Look for Shimano CX77 calipers, they work pretty well once you mount them will compressionless housing. I’ve also had good results with TRP Spyre’s mated to Shimano levers.

BRad704
08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Yes, they work with cable discs. Look for Shimano CX77 calipers, they work pretty well once you mount them will compressionless housing. I’ve also had good results with TRP Spyre’s mated to Shimano levers.

Thanks for the personal experience info! I KNEW I couldn't have been the first to try this, or even research it.