PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Walz and Rothera Cycling Caps?

xeladragon
08-09-2019, 08:48 AM
I'm looking at ordering some custom cycling caps for work, and I've narrowed it down to Walz and Rothera. Anyone have experience with both and can chime in on which brand they prefer? Looking for a nice, breathable, 3-season cap that fits under a helmet. Thanks!

eippo1
08-09-2019, 08:53 AM
I do not have experience with Walz, but I have quite a collection of Rothera and know people that have worked with them.

Their caps are fantastic and will do whatever is desired for design, fabrics, etc. Plus they can hit deadlines, which is a really big plus.

I literally have close to 2 dozen of their hats and my wife just shakes her head when a new one shows up. I always tell her at least it's not a new bike! But seriously, they are incredibly comfortable and are able to do cool stuff with graphics.

Monsieur Toast
08-09-2019, 10:55 AM
I've got around six Rothera caps and love them. So do most people that see me out and about in them. Great patterns & comfortable, plus they'll make them large for my stupid large head.

Veloo
08-09-2019, 01:17 PM
I have 3 Walz caps. Nice pattern/ design. Good quality.
I have the wool winter cap and the flap that pulls down to cover the ears and back of the head is a tad uneven but otherwise a good cap.

I would recommend the product.

jmoore
08-09-2019, 04:23 PM
I have ordered from both Walz and Rothera multiple times. As a matter of fact, the various iterations of Paceline caps - 2 have been Walz and 1 (maybe 2) have been Rothera.

They are both very good and you will get an excellent end result from both.

But from either with confidence.

Ronsonic
08-09-2019, 10:21 PM
No experience with Rothera, but Walz builds a fine cap. I have a few in both conventional and technical materials and all are excellent. Quality is great and they do make them in Large. "One size fits most" does not fit my melon.

jtbadge
08-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Rothera offers an "XL" size as well, you might have to ask for it when you order. My Rothera is great - one of the few caps I've found to stay on my huge noggin + mop of hair well.

illuminaught
08-09-2019, 10:28 PM
Rothera is amazing. And they last... Forever.

SlowPokePete
08-10-2019, 05:24 AM
I'm a cycling cap junkie, although I've gotten my addiction to a more manageable point...

Both make excellent caps...in fact, all the caps I have are either Walz or Rothera I'm pretty sure there are no more than a couple made by anyone else.

SPP

smontanaro
08-10-2019, 05:41 AM
I've got a couple Walz caps. Size wise, the caps are fine (I have a fairly large noggin), but the elastic always seems too strong. I don't know if they stretched it too tight before sewing it into the cap or what. One is particularly bad, so I rarely wear it.