PDA

View Full Version : Time Osmos shoes

Veloo
08-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Looks like Time is back in the shoe game. Good to see.
Has anyone tried this Osmos line?

https://www.time-sport.com/int-en/shoes/shoes.html

ultraman6970
08-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Those had been out for a while, havent heard niether seen anybody with them. Pricey...

iPaul
08-08-2019, 03:16 AM
Haven’t seen much on them either so was surprised to find this review.

https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/technspec/time-osmos-15-shoe-review/

ultraman6970
08-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Looks like a good review. Like what they did with the tongue because that pad attached to the tongue keep the heel in place. The question for me is the wide of the shoe, clearly can form better than other shoes around the feet but some of us would have problems anyways... the price is scary IMO aswell. Cant even pay for the insoles :P

Time needs to come back with a shoe like the original shoe the had back in the day, same shoe, that thing was just fantastic. My feet have short toes and my arches are super flexible, and the old super curved shaped shoes from back in the day were just perfect for me. Market went to flat shaped shoes... :/

Veloo
08-08-2019, 10:32 AM
You mean the original white and red Equipe shoes?
I drooled over those as a kid but never could afford them. I see some on eBay now and then. Wish I knew what size fit me. The cleat thread on here had me curious to try since Equipe pedals can be found here and there as well.

Looks like a good review. Like what they did with the tongue because that pad attached to the tongue keep the heel in place. The question for me is the wide of the shoe, clearly can form better than other shoes around the feet but some of us would have problems anyways... the price is scary IMO aswell. Cant even pay for the insoles :P

Time needs to come back with a shoe like the original shoe the had back in the day, same shoe, that thing was just fantastic. My feet have short toes and my arches are super flexible, and the old super curved shaped shoes from back in the day were just perfect for me. Market went to flat shaped shoes... :/

BobbyJones
08-08-2019, 12:35 PM
I didn’t read the review, but I have a pair of the 12’s. I haven’t been able to get them into my rotation yet.

At first looks, construction is excellent, comfort and fit is right on with a little extra volume in the toe box. (The 12’s have one boa and a Velcro strap). I have a little bit of an odd foot with wider toes and a narrow heel and the heel cup does a great job of holding me in- at least while I’m waddling around the house.

The only gripe I have is with the full length wrap around wings on the tongue. I takes an extra second to make sure they’re not folded over. I think it’s a small annoyance that pays off for how well you’re locked in to the shoe.

I use the S-Works as a reference shoe and this is competitive in all aspects, including retail price. I’m looking forward to using them over the next few months and hope they’re as comfortable on the bike as they are with the initial try-on.

Veloo
08-08-2019, 01:03 PM
May I ask what size S-Works shoe you have and what size Osmos you went with?

peanutgallery
08-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Somewhere along the way, Time took a wrong turn into a ditch. They've always managed to make a great product but I rarely see more than an ATAC pedal now and again.
The conglomerate that is Rossignol/dynastar/Lange/Kerma/Look bindings bought them about 2 years ago, along with Felt, and has done very little in the US to build a dealer base...so far. When your product has been in bargain bins, it takes a while to get the value of the brand back. It's a long sail, but it would be cool to see them back in the US market

I did notice that if I sell X number of Dynastar Legend skis this ski season, I can win a pair of a pair of time pedals. It's a start

tony_mm
08-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Somewhere along the way, Time took a wrong turn into a ditch. They've always managed to make a great product but I rarely see more than an ATAC pedal now and again.

...plenty of Xpresso pedals used among the road cyclist...Especially from those riding a lot as they are still the best in order to avoid injuries in the knees..

FlashUNC
08-08-2019, 02:48 PM
My XPressos and now XPros have been fantastic pedals.

ultraman6970
08-08-2019, 03:25 PM
The same ones, i had the red and grey ones tho. They had a tool to measure your foot and where the cleat would be located, quite simple, measure the ball of the foot distance from the tip of the toes and then tells you exactly where to put the cleats.

I think industry is reinventing the wheel way too much to the point that even US that we know tad more than a normal human being could know about a bike, we get confused.

I have to agree, time had excellent products when they started, but then reinvent the wheel after perfect products kind'a mess them up. Impact pedals and the rxs, when they went to expresso after building a new cleat that IMO mess everybody up... now u needed to buy everything new and that sucks because many of us had a lot of those old pedals moving around in our bikes.

PErsonally moved to keywin pedals and at least with them I do not see anyday soon they will improve the line up again. Would be a mistake because all the guys using those pedals have at least 4+ pairs of those moving around :P, that pedal is just perfect, I cant imagine what else they could improve but maybe make a super easier to unclip winter cleat, which looks like they have already.

I had the old Time bib.. the one that said Time Le Defi at the side panels, that thing was just fantastic... took them off the line up for some reason. They perfectly could have kept that bib in production as today, just perfect bib.

I do think it is a good thing to innovate with products but when you reinvent the wheel and screw all the followers of their stuff is just commit suicide.

BTW you can get the new shoes in the UK at discount now. Sadly for me arent wide and I dont have the money either :p

You mean the original white and red Equipe shoes?
I drooled over those as a kid but never could afford them. I see some on eBay now and then. Wish I knew what size fit me. The cleat thread on here had me curious to try since Equipe pedals can be found here and there as well.

Veloo
08-08-2019, 07:57 PM
I had the Impact S pedals. I liked them too but decided to try Keywins as well and never went back.

vqdriver
08-08-2019, 08:33 PM
These were my first and most favoritest shoe of all

http://www.oldbici.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/time-equipe-shoes-iconic-vintage-90s-oldbici-1.jpg

BobbyJones
08-09-2019, 08:28 AM
May I ask what size S-Works shoe you have and what size Osmos you went with?

42, 42

It’s a little difficult for me to make a direct comparison from broken in shoes to brand new, so aside from perceptual feel the overall length inside seems about the same. Hope that helps.