PDA

View Full Version : Where are your cycling destinations for 2007

Smiley
12-16-2006, 05:21 PM
We have the Open House Event penciled in for June 2007. We are looking closely at the Serotta West Coast gathering.
We are signed up and deposited for a 10 day Santana Tuscany Tandem tour in Sept 2007 , that breaks the bank for us.

So where will you and your bike be in 2007 .

DON'T FORGET THE SEROTTA OPEN HOUSE EVENT , June 2007 :banana: :banana:

J.Greene
12-16-2006, 05:57 PM
So where will you and your bike be in 2007 .

San Juan Islands in August, and every criterium in Central Florida between Feb and June.

JG

dave thompson
12-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Italy, the first three weeks in May.

saab2000
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Switzerland. I hope. I want to pound around the Zurichsee again. Also, I may try to ride in Lugano again. This whole thing is up in the air. I will visit, but whether or not a bike is able to make the trip with me is another story. Lots of ghosts there.

Appleton, Wisconsin of course. My folks live there and guard my red Croll!

Minneapolis

Grand Rapids, MI. Terrific Midwestern riding.

Nothing exotic, 'cept maybe the Swiss thing (not exotic to me having lived there so long, but paradise nonetheless).

Mostly I just want to ride more, not really caring where it is.

Oh, and I would love to finally get to visit DBRK in New York. New York seems like great riding from what I have seen.

Smiley
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
San Juan Islands in August, and every criterium in Central Florida between Feb and June.

JG

Dude the San Juan islands are just fantastic. Best eats we had were in Friday Harbor. Enjoy, you driving up with bike or riding up from Seattle to Anacordes?

J.Greene
12-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Dude the San Juan islands are just fantastic. Best eats we had were in Friday Harbor. Enjoy, you driving up with bike or riding up from Seattle to Anacordes?

My wife and I are flying from Orlando to seattle, then taking a shuttle to anacortes. I might see if the local bike shop will let me ship our bikes to them, and pay them to assemble and disemble. I really want to be carless for this vacation.

JG

Ti-Boy
12-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Ten days in the hills of Tuscany end of June.

Louis
12-16-2006, 07:22 PM
If you really want to travel, this is the way to go: sailing forum (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=0&whichpage=1)

Kevan
12-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I might end up, but I'm giving serious consideration to doing a double century in June.

Will someone PLEASE talk me out of it?!

TriJim
12-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm looking at a week in Grenoble to ride Alpe d'Huez and surrounding cols and maybe a week in late Spring at Costa Brava with our local biking group.

Grenoble will be self-guided since it's only 350 miles from where I live in Germany. I understand the Lonely Planets France Cycling guidebook is out of date. Any suggestions for lodging, daily rides, and guidebooks? :)

Steelhead
12-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I would like to go to the Sante Fe Century this year. Some friends are considering RAGBRAI, but I don't know that I'm into it.

CNY rider
12-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Saratoga in June of course.

And a credit card supported ride from home (central NY) to brothers home in Waterbury Vt.

Dan Le foot
12-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Colorado Rockies, South and Central Oregon, Southern Arizona.
The West Coast open house if we are in the area. We use the motorhome a lot.
BTW
The Solvang area is one of the nicest areas to cycle. Pretty routes, nice climbs and courteous motorists.
Dan

PBWrench
12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Skinny Tire Festival in March in Moab Utah. Four great days of climbing. It's a fundraiser for LAF. Last year Bob Roll and Chris Carmichael joined in. I love riding in Moab -- this will be my fourth time back with a group of riding buddies.

http://skinnytirefestival.com/skinny.html

A.L.Breguet
12-17-2006, 12:50 PM
There's a chance that PBP is in my 2007 schedule. Otherwise, it'll be lots of Central Park races.

bigbill
12-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Leaving Hawaii in May to live in Italy for six months and then relocate to the Seattle area. I don't know what to expect in Sardinia, but I have set aside some funds to spend on Italian steel frames. I have a Pegoretti now, I want an older (but still 130) steel frame with some chrome. I could probably find something on eBay, but I want to buy it in Italy. The record stuff on the Fina was purchased in Napoli.

mikemets
12-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm giving serious consideration to doing a double century in June.

wa wa wa what?

stevep
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I might end up, but I'm giving serious consideration to doing a double century in June.

Will someone PLEASE talk me out of it?!

what? 7 miles a day for all 30 days?
i did one some years ago.
230 miles in 12 hrs... was tired afterward.
not bad actually as long as you eat.
fig newtons are excellent.
you'll survive...
i got into this groove for probably 6 hours in the middle... like 22-23 mph the whole time... was flying... only got tired the last 25 miles into stowe vt... who would have thought that it was hilly there?
couldnt sleep that night either...

FxdGrMind
12-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Off to the Velodrome for the first time ever. Thought I'd learn more about cycling and improve myself all while having fun.

3 lakes Challenge in Ashland Or.
Crater lake Century.
and some more century's in there along they way.

Then if I'm realy good.. and all the stars align, I'll be off to NZ for 4 weeks of cycling either the North or South island in Dec.

Ginger
12-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Let's see....

California in March with the Hampstens if there's still space in February (which is when I'll make my decision...)

I'm trying to swing a work trip to Grenoble in the spring...if that happens I'll take my Kirk with me...and spend some extra time in the area.

If there's a Ramble, I'll probably go.

Deerfield! Deerfield! Deerfield!

Other than that...I'm just riding along...

znfdl
12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Ride across the good ole U S of A in June. San Diego to Tybee, Georgia.

Birddog
12-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Harrah, Luther ,and Jones Okla. Probably go 50 times or so to each. There's nothing quite so scenic as a ride around the "sod farm", kinda reminds me of Tuscanny or is it Provence.

Birddog

Serotta PETE
12-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Tom and I have some rooms reserved for this, as well as my friend from NJ will be going. WE will find room for you - - bring red wine!!!

PETE

Let's see....

California in March with the Hampstens if there's still space in February (which is when I'll make my decision...)

I'm trying to swing a work trip to Grenoble in the spring...if that happens I'll take my Kirk with me...and spend some extra time in the area.

If there's a Ramble, I'll probably go.

Deerfield! Deerfield! Deerfield!

Other than that...I'm just riding along...

dave thompson
12-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I really, really want to do this: http://www.tourdafrique.com/orient/paris_istanbul.htm I missed the chance this year.

Ginger
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Tom and I have some rooms reserved for this, as well as my friend from NJ will be going. WE will find room for you - - bring red wine!!!

PETE

Pete...I think they have red wine in California don't they? In fact...I think that Ramspek that you enjoyed was out of California? I think the goal should be to find MORE reds in Cali that we enjoy?

Elefantino
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Tour of California; I'll ride along before hand for the NorCal stages except won't touch The Grade. RAGBRAI.

That's it this year. In '08, Milan-San Remo.

Serotta PETE
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Lets do it........More reds are good.

You have a "good eye" for red!!!! as you demonstrated at TDFL>>>>

Pete...I think they have red wine in California don't they? In fact...I think that Ramspek that you enjoyed was out of California? I think the goal should be to find MORE reds in Cali that we enjoy?