PDA

View Full Version : Something Seems off

dsimon
08-02-2019, 07:38 PM
As I am looking for a moots routt45 something just seems off besides the fact its double listed.
What are your thoughts?
To me rear derailleur seems off
Thanks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOOTS-ROUTT-45/273953894281?hash=item3fc8ecaf89:g:ZAQAAOSwdS1dRMQ v

fmradio516
08-02-2019, 07:41 PM
maybe because it has one of those travel pulleys?

merckx
08-02-2019, 07:42 PM
It doesn't seem off at all. It is a perfect example of a fasterbackwards bicycle.

yinzerniner
08-02-2019, 07:52 PM
As I am looking for a moots routt45 something just seems off besides the fact its double listed.
What are your thoughts?
To me rear derailleur seems off
Thanks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOOTS-ROUTT-45/273953894281?hash=item3fc8ecaf89:g:ZAQAAOSwdS1dRMQ v

The cable bend in the RD pics looks a little wonky, an the saddle is tilted to the sky, but other than that don't really see what's "off" in the listing.

Care to elaborate and/or cite specific pics of what perturbs you?

pbarry
08-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Call Moots with the serial # and see if the geo numbers work for you. It looks custom. Tire selection suggests an owner trying to do something it wasn’t built for? RD looks like Shimano mtb clutch derailleur. If it shifts well, just use it and don’t use the clutch feature with the 2x setup pictured.

Shipping cost is a great deal! Doubt it will go unsold over the weekend..

vqdriver
08-02-2019, 07:54 PM
are you referring to the bike build or the listing?

jtbadge
08-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Call Moots with the serial # and see if the geo numbers work for you. It looks custom. Tire selection suggests an owner trying to do something it wasn’t built for? RD looks like Shimano mtb clutch derailleur. If it shifts well, just use it and don’t use the clutch feature with the 2x setup pictured.

Shipping cost is a great deal! Doubt it will go unsold over the weekend..

Huh? You can certainly use a Shimano MTB clutch derailleur 2x, they were designed to be run that way. It’s just the 11 speed SRAM stuff that doesn’t like it.

dsimon
08-02-2019, 07:59 PM
I am referring to both the build and the listing. I have never seen the rear derailleur like that. granted I am a manly road guy and the moots on the fork seems to be bubbling up for having only ridden a few times and the seat meh thats peoples preference. but i do like the idea of contacting moots. Thanks everyone or maybe i just need glasses:bike:

pbarry
08-02-2019, 08:00 PM
For JTB: That’s why I posted! Learning new things. :beer:

Clean39T
08-02-2019, 08:16 PM
I would question the "only ridden 5x" statement given the amount of tool wear to the thru-axle and the decal situation on the fork, but everything else looks right.

The Routt 45 is their bikepacking gravel rig - whereas the Routt RSL is the gravel racer with the lower/longer geo. Both are great bikes, depends on your use-case.

yinzerniner
08-02-2019, 08:30 PM
I would question the "only ridden 5x" statement given the amount of tool wear to the thru-axle and the decal situation on the fork, but everything else looks right.

You gotta read the fine print;

2018 ROUTT 45 RIDDEN ON ROAD 5 TIMES

This thing's been gettin' dirty!

joev
08-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Is that an Avid Rollamajig on the rear derailleur that seems to throw things off?
https://backboneracing.blogspot.com/2007/09/avid-rollamajig-death-of-classic.html

dbnm
08-02-2019, 10:07 PM
I would ask for a full spec sheet.

Then call Moots to check out the original build.

Road Fan
08-03-2019, 06:47 AM
I am referring to both the build and the listing. I have never seen the rear derailleur like that. granted I am a manly road guy and the moots on the fork seems to be bubbling up for having only ridden a few times and the seat meh thats peoples preference. but i do like the idea of contacting moots. Thanks everyone or maybe i just need glasses:bike:

I think the frame has a problem -- top tube is drooping at the rear!

:banana: :)

David Tollefson
08-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Is that an Avid Rollamajig on the rear derailleur that seems to throw things off?

I have two of these in service now: one on my tt bike and one on my latest build.

charliedid
08-03-2019, 10:07 AM
I see nothing out of the ordinary.

I could write a theory piece about the owner, purchase and set up of this bike as well as the reason it's being sold but I would come off as a rude prick.

Someone will get a good deal.

:p