PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant on tour (revised)

noonan1970
08-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Has anyone here scene Robert Plant on tour this year? He's playing at an Amphitheater in Missoula MT. early fall. Should we make an effort to go?

Found this concert on Youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_HItsY8DZc

yinzerniner
08-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Damn near gave me an aneurysm thinking that he passed. Dude's a international treasure.

But back to your original question last time I saw him live was during the Raising Sand tour and he was incredible, even at his advanced age. Sure he can't hit the notes like he did back in the Hammer of the Gods days, but his voice has actually acquired some symphonic depth similar to what happens on a nicely set-up Bassman when the tubes are broken in correctly and the distortion naturally harmonizes.

RUN, don't walk if you have a chance to see him.

fiamme red
08-02-2019, 11:23 AM
I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that this wasn't an RIP thread.

simplemind
08-02-2019, 11:46 AM

Yeah me too! lol

Saw him last year in Telluride, and yes he's everything he ever was, maybe better!

File a trip report! :)

buddybikes
08-02-2019, 11:59 AM
You may also get a bit of bluegrass as he did a record with Alison Krauss not too long ago.

jtakeda
08-02-2019, 12:03 PM
I’m so spoiled. I saw him play at my high school my freshman year :D.

If he’s as good now as he was then I’d say go for it

redir
08-02-2019, 01:07 PM
LOL I thought this was an RIP thread too... Whew!

I would go see him yes, if for anything it's about as classic as it gets.

I was at a camp ground in Florida last year that is adjacent to an outdoor theater. I was cursing the traffic getting there thinking to myself WTH is goin on here! Once we got the tent all set up Robert Pant sound came wafting through the camp ground. It was pretty cool.

rst72
08-02-2019, 01:18 PM
I regret not see him when he came through. You'll get a handful of Zeppelin songs. He still sounds amazing.

If you haven't see the Celebration Day concert...check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeUzqSyHeI

Elefantino
08-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Whew!

eddief
08-02-2019, 01:26 PM
1~"A bustle in your hedgerow," the enigmatic line in Led Zep's "Stairway To Heaven" classic, has mystified music mavens for decades. Hopefully, the following will sprinkle a scintilla of elucidation and edification upon this cryptic conundrum.

A hedgerow is a hedge that surrounds many estates in Britain.

Bustle, or noise or activity, used in this sense, means a disturbance close to home. Something's happening in your world!

It's just a spring clean for the May Queen.

Spring cleaning is an old domestic ritual cleaning meant to do away with the troubles of the past year and prepare for the coming year, and often includes disposing of old, useless things that have been lying around.

The May Queen was a maiden chosen by a village to represent the hopes and potential for the coming year. She was a symbol of beauty, spring and new beginnings.

So here, as an analogy, the lyric refers to getting rid of old and outdated systems in order to allow progress to occur.

OR it can refer to menarche, or the first menstrual cycle, signifying that a girl is coming of age.

OR, it could mean that you have a ****in' bee in your bonnet!

2~A hedgerow can also refer to one's pubic hair, therefore a bustle in your hedgerow can mean to become sexually aroused.

John had a bustle in his hedgerow for Jane as soon as he saw her.

3~Windy disturbance in your 'hedgerow' or 'intimate feminine area, or 'a fanny fart.'

Moira: "Ooh, I just had a bustle in me hedgerow."

Keith: "A bustle in your hedgerow? Yikes."

Jaybee
08-02-2019, 01:44 PM
true story:

Sept. 27, 1995. Plant is touring w Page as part of their short mid-90s reunion, that night's show is in Las Cruces, NM, where I grew up. I'm in HS, super nerdy, academic decathlon, 1st chair viola, also living a pretty sheltered Jesus-y lifestyle, which precludes a lot of popular rock music especially anything remotely occultish. My orchestra teacher, who was a pretty accomplished violinist, was asked to fill out the backing orchestra and told that he could bring a few of his students.

Friends, I did not even ask my parents if I could go. I had no idea who Zep was. I knew I had a math test the next day, and a family function to attend. The next day, teacher comes back raving about how awesome the set and experience was and tells me that one of the normal violists was unable to play, and that if I had been there I would have been able to sit in.

So that's how I missed my chance to play the string part of "Kashmir" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fl2jejat_8) and see Jimmy play this thing. https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118001&d=1397432881&thumb=1

So don't be like me. Go.

seanile
08-02-2019, 01:47 PM
Damn near gave me an aneurysm thinking that he passed. Dude's a international treasure.

me too! ughhh

jghall
08-02-2019, 01:59 PM
I'll echo everyone else. It's a show you'd likely regret missing if don't go.

cgolvin
08-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Gentle suggestion to edit the title of this thread to something like "should I go see Robert Plant perform?" -- will reduce the overall stress level for Paceline, I think

Mr. Pink
08-02-2019, 02:05 PM

He hasn't been looking good.

Saw him on Jules Holland maybe five years ago, and, sorry to say, he was awful.

pdmtong
08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
I think I'm the outlier here...I saw him with alison krauss and he was ok.
When I see him on AXS or other music channels he is ok.

Like Daltry, he understandably cant hit those notes anymore. And the Zep reunion hopes are gone dead done over.

Still, sure, go. But do not go hanging on waiting for a rendition of your favorite Zep song.

GonaSovereign
08-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Saw him play in the late 80s. I think he was good. All I really remember was Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble totally winning the night as the opening act.

Peter P.
08-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Found this concert on Youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_HItsY8DZc

Sacrilege!