PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Airline Bike Box Fees

m_sasso
07-30-2019, 02:21 AM
Might not change who you fly with but may give you a good idea what your in for before booking. Starter/all in one place guide on domestic airlines bike box fees https://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Airline_Bike_Box_Fees_2019_7360.html
Even the comment are with browsing for additional information.

R3awak3n
07-30-2019, 03:22 AM
Decent start list but missing a ton of airlines. Virgin I think charger $50, Alaska is cheap too, ect. I also learned that tap (portuguese) charges 50 and there are a good few international airlines that dont charge an arm and a leg. I just flew united and got lucky, had to lie and say its not a bike (she asked bike, I said no), I hate lying but $200 international is a bit ridiculous. Lets hope that unitrs drops that silliness soon and joins the new wave of cheap/free.

CAAD
07-30-2019, 04:37 AM
I was under the impression if you don't claim it as a bicycle and damage does occur then your out of luck. When you pay the fee you also get some sort of insurance if you have to file a claim.

prototoast
07-30-2019, 07:08 AM
Decent start list but missing a ton of airlines. Virgin I think charger $50, Alaska is cheap too, ect. I

Virgin America merged with Alaska and doesn't exist anymore.

R3awak3n
07-30-2019, 07:03 PM
I was under the impression if you don't claim it as a bicycle and damage does occur then your out of luck. When you pay the fee you also get some sort of insurance if you have to file a claim.

You also have to have a hard case or they wont cover any damage so any case I use wont get covered anyways so why am I paying $200