PDA

View Full Version : If this was my last ride of the year...

Frank
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
what a great one it was!

I used a "use it or lose it" vacation day and took a beautiful 40 mile ride in 65 degree and light wind conditions on the Paramount. Traffic was light, temperature was wonderful, bike and fit was perfect.

I probably won't get another ride in this year, and I haven't ridden near as much as I would like to have in 2006, but what a fantastic way to end the year!

cadence231
12-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Cool.

Kevan
12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Wonderful post. Today, I was thinking much the same thing. Here I was with ten of my buddies, riding some of the sweetest roads around. Sporting knickers, arm warmers, and a vest; and we're already in the middle of December.

Think I'll give tomorrow a try too.

trophyoftexas
12-16-2006, 11:18 PM
...have sort of made up for some of the summer heat. Mid 70's since Tuesday, wow, in the middle of December. It is going to stay that way at least through Sunday and then start to drop down into the lower 60's and mid 50's, still nearly ideal for this time of the year. I've been able to get in 25-30 milers everyday, these are the "return from the blood clot" rides that I've been waiting almost 6 weeks to do! I'm hoping the rain predicted for the first of the week will hold off until Wed. or so as I'm making daily trips into Dallas to do a little business and taking the bike to get in some White Rock Lake rides, sort of my "home field" even if it is 80 miles away.