bthornt
07-28-2019, 01:20 PM
From BBC Sports: https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/49143199

Clancy
07-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Would love to see him return.

csm
07-28-2019, 07:26 PM
A whole New slew of TUE to get back to the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieonthishill
07-28-2019, 08:42 PM

Go home. What a useless comment.

dancinkozmo
07-28-2019, 08:44 PM

yup !!!

saab2000
07-28-2019, 09:03 PM
disregard.....

happycampyer
07-28-2019, 09:37 PM
Considering that he nearly lost his life in that crash, it's great to hear that he is recovering and is in good spirits. Hard to imagine coming back from those injuries.

Dead Man
07-28-2019, 10:42 PM
Go home. What a useless comment.

its all bread and circuses, friend. dont confuse your heroes with actual heroes.

these guys are professional entertainers, and we pay them exceptionally well just to race bikes for us. we're allowed to admire, criticize, and speculate all we want.

dieonthishill
07-28-2019, 11:55 PM
Or, people could just ride their bikes and save the negativity for something worthwhile, instead of channeling their own insecurities into a meaningless forum post about someone who puffed an inhaler a few too many times.

velotrack
07-28-2019, 11:58 PM

i actually thought this was a little funny, and not necessarily with any malice or negativity/insecurities.

doper or not, the injuries were pretty serious and it's great to see him recovering - just from a human perspective.

these guys are top level athletes and they're always on fast recoveries - their bodies are just built different. something like that would take me out for a year, easily.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2019, 08:55 AM
i actually thought this was a little funny, and not necessarily with any malice or negativity/insecurities.

doper or not, the injuries were pretty serious and it's great to see him recovering - just from a human perspective.

these guys are top level athletes and they're always on fast recoveries - their bodies are just built different. something like that would take me out for a year, easily.

He'll be out for a year. You just wouldnt be foolish enough to get on an exercise bike and pedal with one leg.

ghammer
07-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Agree with you. I do *not* like Froome, never did. His vanilla character seems a façade for the machinations of a sneaky Sky/Ineos. Not to tool on Ineos, but Sir Brailsford's slithery ways gross me out. That being said, vanilla or not, Froome is a dude, a dad, deserves respect and even though I wouldn't mind never seeing him again, there's no need to see him suffer. I wish him a healthy, robust recovery so he can beaten by better riders/teammates.

MattTuck
07-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Ineos setting up for the podium streak next July.

FlashUNC
07-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Let's just hope he doesn't walk funny, much less ride professionally.

Much bigger hills to climb first. Any return to pro racing would be unreal.

72gmc
07-29-2019, 11:04 AM
I hope Froome recovers well and resumes his career as a dad and a commentator.

Re the story: I’d be surprised to hear a report that he wasn’t recovering faster than expected. Skyneos does a lot wrong in the PR dept but they don’t forget to self promote.

csm
07-29-2019, 06:28 PM

Thank you. It's a forum. I hope he recovers. I can't imagine he'd actually be able to compete at a top level again.
But let's not pretend the 800 pound elephant isn't in the room re: doping, etc.
It's still in the peloton. And Mr Froome undoubtedly participated.