PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Road Price Hike

false_Aest
07-26-2019, 12:03 PM
Folks,

You have 1 week to sign up for current pricing. Then things go up.
It's currently $130/year. Will become $190 I think.

The program works. At least it did for me.

Last Nov I tested at 215 FTP. Bumped it up to ~275 by May.
In w/kg that's roughly 3w/kg --> 3.88w/kg.

Clean39T
07-26-2019, 12:10 PM
I'm a long-time fan of their product and the people behind the company. Their podcast alone is worth $10-20/mon. They've significantly grown the breadth of what they offer too - integration with outdoor rides being the latest..

I have three "free month" codes if anyone wants to try it out. PM me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tjk23
07-26-2019, 03:29 PM
The price hike sucks and made my decision to not renew easy. It is a great product but the increase is not justifiable.

makoti
07-26-2019, 03:41 PM
The price hike sucks and made my decision to not renew easy. It is a great product but the increase is not justifiable.

It's only $10 more than a year of Zwift (which I pay), so not out of line with other training platforms.

tjk23
07-26-2019, 03:52 PM
Not saying, necessarily, that it’s out of line with other platforms. Just that they almost doubled their pricing. You have to admit that’s a drastic increase.

R3awak3n
07-26-2019, 05:08 PM
the question would be, how much better has TR become? Cuz for zwift, they added more maps and more crap so they are constantly working on it. I bet TR is too but what is new? I haven't used it in a while but liked it when I was using it.

Clean39T
07-26-2019, 05:33 PM
the question would be, how much better has TR become? Cuz for zwift, they added more maps and more crap so they are constantly working on it. I bet TR is too but what is new? I haven't used it in a while but liked it when I was using it.

They've completely overhauled their interface, added outdoor ride integration (so you can do your training rides outdoors, have an incredible calendar setup that pulls outdoor rides from Strava and allows you to estimate TSS if you don't have a PM, and overall have made the platform and experience more enjoyable, while keeping to the core deliverable of being a performance-oriented "make you faster" program. They've also been doing more videos and analysis of how to be a better racer, more podcasts with pros, they sponsor a team, and pump out interesting content. Oh, and they also launched a forum that is chockablock with great tips and Q/A from their massive user-base (and moderated by their coaches and staff). Monetizing content and info is tough in the internet age - I think they offer a great value, even at the new prices..

unterhausen
07-26-2019, 05:33 PM
there are lots of enhancements. One of the most obvious is you can do your workouts outdoors with a compatible gps. I might have trouble justifying $189 a year, I'm grandfathered in at $99

false_Aest
07-26-2019, 06:44 PM

You're locked in at whatever price you pay if you buy a year membership.

Sorry to say but I'm locked in at $99/year.
If you joined last year you should be locked in at $129.

etc.

R3awak3n
07-26-2019, 06:45 PM
They've completely overhauled their interface, added outdoor ride integration (so you can do your training rides outdoors, have an incredible calendar setup that pulls outdoor rides from Strava and allows you to estimate TSS if you don't have a PM, and overall have made the platform and experience more enjoyable, while keeping to the core deliverable of being a performance-oriented "make you faster" program. They've also been doing more videos and analysis of how to be a better racer, more podcasts with pros, they sponsor a team, and pump out interesting content. Oh, and they also launched a forum that is chockablock with great tips and Q/A from their massive user-base (and moderated by their coaches and staff). Monetizing content and info is tough in the internet age - I think they offer a great value, even at the new prices..

very cool. I listen to their podcast and its good.