PDA

View Full Version : Bicycling Mag TdF Spoilers

RobJ
07-25-2019, 03:27 PM
What is it with Bicycling Magazine’s email TdF spoilers?? So infuriating in this day and age where a lot of people either DVR or stream the coverage to watch much later in the day/evening.

Why can’t they simply use an email title like “Stage 16 Coverage”? But no, they have to give it away with “John Doe wins on solo break away”. And the title is visible whether you open the email or not. They basically ruined yesterday’s and today’s coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echelon_john
07-25-2019, 03:30 PM
Unsubscribe?

unterhausen
07-25-2019, 03:42 PM
every cycling website does the same on facebook. I really don't care about spoilers, but I wonder how many people unfollow because of that

FlashUNC
07-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Cuz people click on the "Ten Ways to Crush that Next Climb" stuff only so much.

jtbadge
07-25-2019, 03:52 PM
"Boy, the Mets blew it tonight, huh?"

tctyres
07-25-2019, 04:22 PM
"Boy, the Mets blew it tonight, huh?"

There's been no reason for the headline editor to rewrite it for the Mets since the 1970s

oldpotatoe
07-25-2019, 05:23 PM
What is it with Bicycling Magazine’s email TdF spoilers?? So infuriating in this day and age where a lot of people either DVR or stream the coverage to watch much later in the day/evening.

Why can’t they simply use an email title like “Stage 16 Coverage”? But no, they have to give it away with “John Doe wins on solo break away”. And the title is visible whether you open the email or not. They basically ruined yesterday’s and today’s coverage.

Go to bottom of email, find ‘unsubscribe’ button, hit that and bob’s yer uncle....:)

sw3759
07-25-2019, 07:43 PM
same here.ticked me off too.they got me twice before I unsubscribed :mad:

AngryScientist
07-25-2019, 07:45 PM
right click:

"filter emails from this address"

destination:

SPAM

Gummee
07-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Talk about 1st world problems!

M

RobJ
07-27-2019, 08:24 PM
I totally agree it’s a first world problem! And yes I know how to unsubscribe [emoji2957] Would have in advance if I knew this was coming.

So how about that PayPal user agreement? Guess I better adjust my latest for sale post.

Good riding my friends.

unterhausen
07-27-2019, 08:33 PM
right click:

"filter emails from this address"

destination:

SPAM

on gmail, you can just send it straight to trash. I look at my spam folder occasionally, not the trash. did that when someone subscribed me to an email list at work. I had reason to look in the trash and was somewhat amused when I found a load of emails from that list