PDA

View Full Version : shimano xtr pedals

ColnagoC59
07-20-2019, 10:55 AM
this is my fifth set. but on this one it seems just a bit harder to clip in and clip out. on all my sets i always have the tension at the loosest setting. did something change with Shimano. now i feel a solid click or pop when i get in or out. i'm not used to this.

did something change with how shimaon does the xtr pedals? shop tells me there's nothing wrong but i've compared to two other bikes i have with the same brand and make but purchased earlier

apologies if this sounds crazy

2metalhips
07-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Are you using new cleats also? Worn cleats with new pedals may do that.

ColnagoC59
07-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Are you using new cleats also? Worn cleats with new pedals may do that.

thought worn cleats make clipping in harder and clipping out easier. i'm getting both and mostly the latter is what i'm noticing

2metalhips
07-20-2019, 02:22 PM
I have had both issues, easier and harder clipping in and out when using worn cleats with new pedals.

Tony
07-20-2019, 03:45 PM
I have three sets of XTR pedals on different bikes my wife rides. They are all the same year and one is a little harder to get out of even on the lowest setting.

skijoring
07-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Extra metal/aluminum on the newer pedals inbound and outbound of your shoe. Compare newer XT/XTR pedals to older versions; there is a subtle difference. Less rocking, more shoe contact.

ColnagoC59
07-20-2019, 07:14 PM
i think that's it. my cleats aren't worn enough for that to be an issue.
now the quesiton is what to do about it. one article suggested how much my cleats are recessed could also contribute and that shimano had spacers. i'm not sure that's relevant on my specialized shoes. for now i'm going to swap pedals with an older bike i have for an upcoming trip.