PDA

View Full Version : A couple Paceline favorites were celebrated at the White House today

Monthly Payment
07-15-2019, 08:58 PM
ENVE (UT), Litespeed (TN), and Baileyworks(NH) were showcased for American manufacturing today at the White House. At the enve display, they used a speedvagen.

List of the manufacturers showcased at the White House today here:
https://www.kalb.com/content/news/Makers-of-Tabasco-visit-White-House-for-Made-in-America-Product-Showcase-512757271.html

Not a quiet day for the showcase. There was a press conference about American manufacturing which broke down into conversation about the President’s tweets about congresswomen going back to their countries.

I realize sharing this may get political or nasty, but figured it was worth sharing the info. All I can say is I don’t know what to think right now about what I would have done as these companies in agreeing to come at all or agreeing to show up today, not to mention how much pressure each state must have put to show up once they were committed.

pbarry
07-15-2019, 09:01 PM
I like that both were mentioned.

colker
07-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Isn´t it the Orange House now?

parallelfish
07-15-2019, 09:07 PM
You infer that there might be something amiss with visiting the White House, and then wonder that it might get political?

Monthly Payment
07-15-2019, 09:10 PM
You infer that there might be something amiss with visiting the White House, and then wonder that it might get political?

I don’t think there’s anything amiss myself, but I should add, my misgivings about how nasty it can get was informed by comments on Instagram. The comments are exceptionally charged. Sorry - I didn’t clarify where my basis for how inflammatory the White House was today came from.

Mr. Pink
07-15-2019, 09:39 PM
Litespeed still makes bikes?

makoti
07-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Litespeed still makes bikes?

Do they still sell them?

jtbadge
07-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Hasn't ENVE moved production of most of their non-rim products overseas?

Mr. Pink
07-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Probably in the same country they make MAGA hats and Trump ties.

Clean39T
07-15-2019, 09:59 PM
These seem on topic..

https://youtu.be/ynkmpDMSRvs

https://youtu.be/XIkgYSW6Qwk

Elefantino
07-15-2019, 10:09 PM
This isn't going to end well.

daker13
07-15-2019, 10:11 PM
That's pretty cool that Baileyworks was representing NH... especially when there are so many gun manufacturers in that same area.

redir
07-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Hmmm and I always thought Tabasco was made in Mexico. I guess if it was they wouldn't be aloud in the White House.

CunegoFan
07-16-2019, 12:10 AM
It is sad that Detroit, the terrible management, and the even worse unions destroyed the world's perception of quality American manufacturing. Decades of crappy American cars are like an albatross hanging around the necks of American companies.

It is good to highlight that companies changing that perception.

cloudguy
07-16-2019, 12:29 AM
It is sad that Detroit, the terrible management, and the even worse unions destroyed the world's perception of quality American manufacturing. Decades of crappy American cars are like an albatross hanging around the necks of American companies.

Yeah it was the city with a high black population, not the companies led by mainly white CEOs that caused the problem. Is that you Donald?

CunegoFan
07-16-2019, 12:43 AM
Yeah it was the city with a high black population, not the companies led by mainly white CEOs that caused the problem. Is that you Donald?

Typical bigot. Always blaming everything on skin color.

cloudguy
07-16-2019, 12:56 AM
Typical bigot. Always blaming everything on skin color.

Who blames the problems of private companies on the city where they’re located?

Gsinill
07-16-2019, 04:14 AM

Yep, it’s the lack of unions and workers’ councils that are responsible for Germany’s reputation in manufacturing ;)

parris
07-16-2019, 05:30 AM
Thanks for sharing.

makoti
07-16-2019, 07:36 AM

Do you get healthcare at work? Unions
Paid time off? Unions
Sick leave? Unions
Don't have to work 16 hour days? Unions
Is your work place safe? Unions

Maybe yours is the perception that needs changing. Crap management of personnel & resources lead to bad cars out of Detroit, not the people assembling them.

FlashUNC
07-16-2019, 07:36 AM

Now those Honda's they make in Marysville Ohio. Totally different story.

AngryScientist
07-16-2019, 07:41 AM
i think we're done here.