PDA

View Full Version : Wide HV road shoes with Velco and Buckle

hainy
07-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Anyone riding such a shoe or know of one.

Cheers

Hainy

longlist
07-14-2019, 09:06 PM
I had a pair of Vittoria 'Asian Fit' shoes. That is what they call their high volume, wide shoes. They were nice. Lost them which is why I don't still ride them.

hainy
07-14-2019, 09:56 PM
I can't see anything at the moment in wide at Vittoria site?

I was curious about the Louis Garneau x-comfort technology if anyone is using these shoes.

weiwentg
07-15-2019, 08:42 AM
I had a pair of Vittoria 'Asian Fit' shoes. That is what they call their high volume, wide shoes. They were nice. Lost them which is why I don't still ride them.

Point of information: Bont's Asian Fit shoes have extra width and lower volume (https://redkiteprayer.com/2018/05/the-chassis-bont-vaypor-shoes/), plus a narrower heel (https://cyclingtips.com/2015/05/bont-vaypor-s-shoe-review/). I'm not familiar with Vittoria's line, but all I can see is that some shoes come in traditional and wide fit. Haven't seen any alternative fits yet.

If the OP is looking for something like Bont's definition of Asian fit, it would be good to know.

If the OP is looking for just traditional wide fit, then the Sidi Genius 7 Megas (https://www.competitivecyclist.com/sidi-genius-fit-carbon-mega-shoes-mens?skidn=SID007X-BK-S47WIDE&ti=UExQIENhdDpNZW4ncyBSb2FkIEJpa2UgU2hvZXMgOjE6Nzp jY0NhdDEwMDMzNQ==) would be one shoe meeting the criteria of velcro and a buckle. Never rode these myself, but I'm pretty sure Sidi's reputation for quality is good.

longlist
07-15-2019, 10:07 AM
I can't see anything at the moment in wide at Vittoria site?

I was curious about the Louis Garneau x-comfort technology if anyone is using these shoes.

I asked the guy who ran it and he told me they offered it. after I lost mine I called and spoke to someone else. she wasn't helpful at all. she didn't even want to answer the questions I had. so I don't know if they still make them or not. but they did.

OldCrank
07-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Giro Apeckx HV
Sidi Genius Mega

Lake...

ultraman6970
07-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Lake wide.

Bont from what I remember only sells asian fit in asia (japan)... as for the other brands mentioned, they are so hard to find in wide here in the states, and even in europe are hard to find, why to offer them if they cant be found? :/

weiwentg
07-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Lake wide.

Bont from what I remember only sells asian fit in asia (japan)... as for the other brands mentioned, they are so hard to find in wide here in the states, and even in europe are hard to find, why to offer them if they cant be found? :/

Both links I posted about Bont shoes went to reviewers based in the US. Bont retailers in the US probably don't stock Asian fit Bonts, but I bet they can order them.

hainy
07-15-2019, 06:37 PM
While the bike industry has made great advancements in a lot of areas they are still struggling to make shoes designed the shape of peoples feet. I wear Lems shoes off the bike because of this reason. I wish they made cycling shoes. A bit of History:

My current shoes are Lake CX237 Wide (closure pinches the top of my foot and get heel lift) Lake CX241 Wide (Toe box is too small and have bought a shoe stretcher try and remedy this problem, otherwise a very nice shoe). I still have Sidi Genius 5 Mega (feels really comfortable but too much heel lift and sole is not built wide like Lake) Sidi Ergo 4 Mega (not as wide as Genius Mega).

All great shoes but all have their issues.

I haven't tried on Bont but reading about them I don't think they will work for me.

I don't care what a shoe weighs or how it looks if it still not comfortable after 3 to hours in the saddle it is useless.

Cheers

Hainy

ultraman6970
07-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Hainy... this will sound weird but try this with the lakes and even with the sidi, remove the insole and go aroudn the block w/o insole and see if the heel cup gets better. You will notice right away as soon as you put the shoe on tho...

If thats the case, if the lose heel is pretty much gone, is because the insole is too bulky, or in other words the shape of your heel is weird and need a heel shoe that is deeper (or taller depending how you look at it)... so for example what I did was to put smaller insoles, im a 45 and i put a 37 insole inside of the shoe.. the insole wont use that much space in the heel, and i added an extra piece in the front to make up up to 45...

After you tried the smaller insole, if you still are almost there, add a piece of handlebar tape under the tongue of the shoe but perpendicular from left to right, that will force the shoe to press the foot back so the heel gets more contact.

Hope this helps.

hainy
07-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Thanks UM,

I will give this a try. I am currently trying different measures to address the issues I have with the Lake 237 and 241. Bought a product for the heel slip and a tongue pad which is still to arrive. I invested too much in these shoes just to discard them.

Cheers

Hainy

ultraman6970
07-15-2019, 09:57 PM
I have a pair of 237s aswell... used them a couple of times, got them half a number too big... then went with a pair of 214 (i think), thats the one I did all those weird mods with the insoles.

Now need to move all of that to the 237... darn shoes are too expensive to just toss them w/o trying to make them work.